Corona Virus Now Spreading

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was an LPN for 10 years, then an RN. And I'll say I worked my butt off in both! It's more of a difference in what each can do. Both overworked :thud:
Nurses have a high burnout rate and often develop physical issues especially if they did years of hospital work. I know some nurses who just can't keep up with the physical demands any longer switch to some type of office work often doing utilization reviews. They sometimes go into administration or find a place in coding and billing.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of my daughter's has all the classic symptoms plus some, and is negative for influenza. They didn't test him because he's at urgent care and they don't have any tests. He has an MD order, so hopefully can go to a drive by site, which is allowed (if he's not knocked flat by it by tomorrow) and otherwise is in quarantine. He's 27 years old :argh::disappointed::frown::sigh:.
Hopefully it's not the virus! :headshake:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Nurses have a high burnout rate and often develop physical issues especially if they did years of hospital work. I know some nurses who just can't keep up with the physical demands any longer switch to some type of office work often doing utilization reviews. They sometimes go into administration or find a place in coding and billing.
I can relate! I have a nice hiatal hernia/GERD, and had 2 rotator cuff surgeries from all the lifting. I went to office work my last 3 years because I just couldn't do it any more. :headshake:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't looked at Ohio's numbers today other then the county that I live in. I live in Franklin County which is Columbus and there are 44 cases and two deaths.
My dad was born in Columbus. We went there a lot to visit relatives, still have some there.

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im surprised more fashion companies havent offered to start making masks and gowns. Despite not having a lot of factories, NY does have a lot of fashion companies that produce locally. There are also a lot of cosmetics companies that could be making hand sanitizer and creams.

im equally surprised it has taken this long for european cosmetics companies to offer to make hand sanitizer.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
New Orleans now has the highest number of new cases. This was expected because of Mardi Gras. Next will be Florida because of Spring Break. Spring Break was after we were fully aware of what was happening, those beaches bars and restaurants should have been closed. Those college kids have now gone home and took this stuff back to parents and grandparents.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is very little mass textile production done in the U.S. That was one of the first manufacturing facilities that were offshored. If nothing else I hope this will get through to people the weakness of globalization and global supply chains.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As of today, Japan has announced that the Olympics are postponed. Reality strikes again.

My husband, Roger, is O- (universal donor) and before he ended up on so many meds he was a multi-gallon donor.

Only an LPN?! Aren't LPN's the ones who do most of the work?

Retirement generally equates to a higher age, which means that retired people in general are more vulnerable. And doctors and nurses, in the front lines of fighting this virus, put themselves in danger daily. It isn't surprising that the ones who've come out of retirement to help are the ones most likely to die. But remember, they're doctors and nurses, which means that they knew that what they were doing might very well kill them. They're heroes. We need to honor them.

When Governor Polis was giving a speech about proper response to the virus he listed caring for pets as one of the essential tasks. Along with caring for livestock and otherwise doing farm work. Those last two count as essential because we still have to eat, and there'll be nothing in the grocery stores to buy if the farms shut down, but the pets? They're essential because we love them and they're part of our families.

:yeah:

Margret
Exactly, which is why she put it that way. By the way, she was a floor nurse, working a cardiac/ secondary ICU for 38 years when she retired.

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would go along with having something like cancer/ being on chemo, leukemia, AIDS/HIV, hepatitis, diabetes, lupus, being on certain medications that decrease white blood cells, being older.
That fits Michele's brother to a T. He's older- 70- and undergoing chemo for his advanced non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, courtesy of Agent Orange, so his white count is in the toilet. If he is exposed to this virus, he's toast.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sooo...Do you guys feel bad for this person? I know I don't. I just hope this person has not infected anyone else, ultimately leading to their death. An innocent person should not have to die just to teach a stupid person a lesson.

A group of young adults held a coronavirus party to defy orders to socially distance. Now one of them has coronavirus
Not a bit- only for the vulnerable people that these morons may have come into contact with, thus putting them at risk.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sooo...Do you guys feel bad for this person? I know I don't. I just hope this person has not infected anyone else, ultimately leading to their death. An innocent person should not have to die just to teach a stupid person a lesson.

A group of young adults held a coronavirus party to defy orders to socially distance. Now one of them has coronavirus
Absolutely not - morons. As NY Cat Man says, I feel sorry for the people they may have come into contact with though.