Corona Virus Now Spreading

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I don't *need* economic stimulus money, but the Korean government has decided to actively exclude foreigners from their scheme because it would be "too hard" to figure out who qualifies. Never mind the easily accessible tax records, health insurance payments, or pensions that legal residents pay into. :eyeroll:

I can't complain too much, I do have access to my pension as soon as I leave. People from other countries have to wait until they retire in their home country to collect their Korean pension, so most of them are paying into the system with the belief that they'll never actually collect it.

mentat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
AFTER my "Skindred" friend from veterinary critical care and ICU did not update me about her progression for 8 days, I was done. She was texting once a day, an update, to her mom and I, her partner's family. Then, radio silence. Isolating, compromised, lately uncontrolled symptoms, oh well. Mom drove me south, 40 miles. Michelle was there, almost recovered, "80% or thereabouts" she assured me at her window while I weeded her pansies out front. Her partner rose from the bedroom, slowly. He's just now starting to walk on his own, to rise from bed, to the kitchen. While he heat soup, I hear him in the background. Such reassuring sounds.

Keeper the "brain tumor epileptic" anxiety riddled geriatric "terror terrier pit" mix is barking the alarm.

You see, Michelle, while isolating, ill, coping with her poor health, and her partner's, became very stressed, cycled through anxiety, then very depressed. We MUST treat our mental and emotional behavior symptoms, as well as our body's physical symptoms.

She never avoids communication with me. We synced on a basic level with one other, understanding our light and our dark, 6 years ago. We are home body sanctuary souls, but also hiking adventurers with doggage. She's 51, he's 60, and they are the epitome of Strong and Clean living for their physical health. They've been ill for 3 weeks. He's at 50%, so probably another 1-2 weeks. It's a slow, patient, gradual recovery. Hang in there folks. Rather than a bumpy ride, don't push yourselves, and soften those bumps in the road to recovery and healing to a slow, slightly jostled, ride.

Michelle and German will take their behavior modifying therapy, so they feel good about getting better while alone and isolated. No depression, no anxiety, spirals, setting back the healing progress the body has achieved or is working so hard towards. We must remember, at times our minds need resuscitation therapy, also, not just our body, our lungs, our constitution.

Breathe. Let go. Relax. Exhale. Inhale. Repeat. Don't forget your lifelines. Don't forget to journal, tell your story, somewhere. Release is cathartic. While isolating. We are a community stretched across oceans. We are truly in this together. Michelle has been warned, take your behavior and respiratory meds, return a message, just one a day, or my mother drives me down here again. Be safe. Be well

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I’m going to contact my doctor tomorrow and see if I can get a virtual appointment. I think I have allergies and a sinus infection in the making but I also have a cough...and I’ve been having really bad acid reflux at night which I think is the culprit but I’d like to ask about it anyway. Definitely feels like something in my throat, not the dry cough they describe which I have lots of experience with as I get that dry cough for weeks anytime I have a cold.

I haven’t really gone anywhere except my house and my parents house, and twice to pick things up for my dad. But my county’s cases are all currently travel related so I’m hoping that’s a good sign too.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I’m going to contact my doctor tomorrow and see if I can get a virtual appointment. I think I have allergies and a sinus infection in the making but I also have a cough...and I’ve been having really bad acid reflux at night which I think is the culprit but I’d like to ask about it anyway. Definitely feels like something in my throat, not the dry cough they describe which I have lots of experience with as I get that dry cough for weeks anytime I have a cold.

I haven’t really gone anywhere except my house and my parents house, and twice to pick things up for my dad. But my county’s cases are all currently travel related so I’m hoping that’s a good sign too.
I feel you. I've had post-nasal drip from hell for the past 3 weeks, as well as a cough from the dripping. I've found out that taking a 24 hour allergy pill at night and using Flonase twice a day helps me immensely.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::hangin:@KittyFriday and EmersonandEvie EmersonandEvie and anyone and everyone else out there who may think they have "it". Postnasal drip and an occasional dry cough are normal for me in every time, and so I'm okay with those, as long as other people don't think I'm sick and irresponsible (I'm neither one; and I always wear a mask when I go out, to protect THEM, not me). Hoping and praying you are both/all okay. Keep up the hygiene/social distancing/staying home, all. Let's all come out of this and be here to tell about it afterwards.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a walloping headache today and a bit of a cough. No fever though. Could be a sinus headache, it is allergy season. I wonder what it would take to get a test.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Allergies, and it’s burning season. Which doesn’t usually bother me but might be this year. I wish it was easy to get a test because of course I’d feel a lot better to get a negative result. I wish too that it was easier to just be seen in person because I’m sure it’s much easier to diagnose things in person.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Allergies, and it’s burning season. Which doesn’t usually bother me but might be this year. I wish it was easy to get a test because of course I’d feel a lot better to get a negative result. I wish too that it was easier to just be seen in person because I’m sure it’s much easier to diagnose things in person.
I hear ya. But the thing I think about testing is okay, so you get tested and you test negative. Then you go out and potentially might be "it" and you don't even know, because you've just tested negative. People can't be testing all the time, and a lot of people can't stay inside 24/7 either. The 3 important measures -- hand washing, social distancing, and staying home when possible -- are the best offense and defense in this.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I get the cough, fever, watery eyes and all but that's from eating ghost chili peppers all day. lol I have to make sure when I go shopping I don't eat that stuff before I leave the house or people would be calling an ambulance on me or I'd be clearing out the store.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to figure out how to wear a mask going in public. Starting tomorrow we have to start wearing one when going in public. I have problems breathing with those things on and my head is kind of funny shaped that a mask either covers my eyes or whatever. So I don't know. Mom refuses to do delivery because people will kill us (her words not mine). Any tips on how to wear one? BTW: I'm claustrophobic as well so the mask wearing doesn't help and I can't sew one due to severe nerve damage and sever frozen shoulder. Ugh

Suggestions or videos would be greatly appreciated as we HAVE to start wearing them in my area.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to figure out how to wear a mask going in public. Starting tomorrow we have to start wearing one when going in public. I have problems breathing with those things on and my head is kind of funny shaped that a mask either covers my eyes or whatever. So I don't know. Mom refuses to do delivery because people will kill us (her words not mine). Any tips on how to wear one? BTW: I'm claustrophobic as well so the mask wearing doesn't help and I can't sew one due to severe nerve damage and sever frozen shoulder. Ugh
We're chili fiends from the mists of time, too, MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf . My grandparents used to sit on their porch eating them until tears and other stuff ran down their face. I do, too, but I do mine inside where only my roomies, feline and human, can see. *EWWWWWWWWWWW, that's GROSS!* But they're all too polite to say it out loud. :cringe:
Some "experts" say the masks that have cloth "handles" that fit over the ears are better-fitting than the ones that have an elastic band that fits over the head and around the back. I have both and prefer the former. My roomies got some surgical masks when they went home last year, and I like these. They're pleated, so you adjust them to your face. Pull it down from the bottom so your eyes are cleared. To disinfect after each use, spray the mask on each side with isopropyl (common rubbing alcohol) and put it into a food-grade receptacle (like Rubbermaid, Tupperware, or whatever) and put the lid on. Let sit for 5 min. and your mask is ready to use again. Look on P. 83 of this thread for several helpful threads telling about how to make homemade masks (with thanks to the posters and the original sources!) if you want. You can also look on www.hauspanther.com for some really stylish masks with cat themes! Not sure if there are any of these left as most are sold on etsy, but you might want to look.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some sad news - my mothers friend's father just passed away from COVID-19. She's Italian and they live just outside of Milan, so one of the worst hit areas in Europe. He was in his late 70s and we're not sure if he had any underlying conditions since he was working up until very recently.
I'm very sorry to hear that, aliceneko aliceneko and my heartfelt condolences for the loss. RIP.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they have 2 hour shipping? I'm serious. We have to wear even going outside in our backyard. And again I can't sew or anything due to physical limitations and no one here sells them. And the only mask I have is the one like shown in the video on cleaning them but I literally gasp for air and can't breath wearing them. The cats will die if I can't get outside to feed them.

My ROM is only 3 inches due to my injury 2 years ago. It's hard to sew with one hand

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they have 2 hour shipping? I'm serious. We have to wear even going outside in our backyard. And again I can't sew or anything due to physical limitations and no one here sells them. And the only mask I have is the one like shown in the video on cleaning them but I literally gasp for air and can't breath wearing them. The cats will die if I can't get outside to feed them.

My ROM is only 3 inches due to my injury 2 years ago. It's hard to sew with one hand
Not sure what your area's requirements are for masks, but I don't know of any place that has 2 hour shipping, sorry. If they accept it and you can't get any other one, you can use a scarf to cover your lower face and it is strongly recommended that you wear some kind of eye covering (glasses, sunglasses, goggles) when you go to public place i.e. grocery store. Also recommended for anyone with any kind of health/immune compromise or over 65 years old to order online as much as possible. It's much easier, too, if they deliver to your location. I've had repeat delivery of my cat supplies for years. You get discount if you have repeat delivery and you can tweak your order at any time through www.petco.com. Not sure about any other business but a lot of people order through chewy.com. I prefer to go to grocery store and my store doesn't have grocery delivery.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I have enough cat food for 3 months. And the issue is Mom will not accept delivery of any kind unless the POLICE come and force her or throw her in jail. My grocery store does have delivery but our local instacart is on strike so we still have to go to the store. Can't ever order cat food online or I'll be evicted. Most on here know the Mom situation. She's done it before. But I did buy enough dry food to last 3 months. We just need human food. And therein is the issue. And yest not all of st louis but our immediate village or township in St Louis going to start fining for not wearing masks even if going outside with trash. When I said the cats will die, I do need to walk outside the door to feed them. They're feral.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have enough cat food for 3 months. And the issue is Mom will not accept delivery of any kind unless the POLICE come and force her or throw her in jail. My grocery store does have delivery but our local instacart is on strike so we still have to go to the store. Can't ever order cat food online or I'll be evicted. Most on here know the Mom situation. She's done it before. But I did buy enough dry food to last 3 months. We just need human food. And therein is the issue. And yest not all of st louis but our immediate village or township in St Louis going to start fining for not wearing masks even if going outside with trash. When I said the cats will die, I do need to walk outside the door to feed them. They're feral.
In a global pandemic, business as usual, for businesses AND indivduals, cannot continue as normal. Your mom is going to have to understand this. Surely she won't throw you out in the middle of a potential life-threatening pandemic and surely, she can be made to understand that survival comes before personal fears or inconveniences. There just isn't any way around this.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
She did the other day, so yes she will again. And since I don't have POA I can't do a thing to get her committed. And get her to understand? ha that's a joke with her. If there is no way to convince her a plastic bag is not going to explode (5 years on that) there's no way to reason with her on this. :(