Corona Virus Now Spreading

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We've only just had to post this, but it looks like people need another reminder:

Mod Note:

This coronavirus thread is getting into In My Opinion forum territory.

Political/argumentative comments belong in this thread
https://thecatsite.com/threads/corona-virus-the-imo-version.412068/page-84#post-5468664
where you can post if you have the requisite conditions:
IMO is open to posters with at least 100 posts and 10 days of membership (adult cat), who are at least 18 years of age.

If you do not fulfill that criterea you'll have to wait to make your comments.

Posts that do not suit this Lounge thread have been deleted.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another reminder, MASKS DO NOT PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING THE VIRUS, they help to prevent you from spreading it. If you notice all the info from the experts they always say a mask slows the transmission. They slow down the transmission of the virus according to what material they are. Flu viruses are so tiny they pass through most pores of a mask. They also settle on your hands and clothes and just wait. My daughter now has Covid and ALWAYS wears a mask, washes her hands all the time, and very rarely goes anywhere. I am just so thankful the new strain is mild.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was officially out of isolation on January 4 but didn't get better until around this time last week. I've had an LFT and am Coronavirus free, and went outside for the first time in a few weeks on Sunday - I'd forgotten what the outside was like! :D My mother tested positive around a similar time as she lives with me, but has since recovered too. A close friend who I did see just before Christmas has also just tested positive and is isolating - she has mild common cold symptoms at the moment.

denice

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am glad you and your mother have gotten through this. I think most of us will have this at some point. Some of us probably already have had it and don't know it. This is the time of the year when sniffles and scratchy throats are common.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out that my co-worker tested positive on Friday, and he was at work today. He was told that as long as he feels ok he can come to work. So I guess they've just decided to let it run wild? I suppose there isn't really a better way to do it at this point. But of course now I'm going to analyze every symptom: hmm, I had a headache on Saturday and today my throat feels a little scratchy. . .and how much is hypochondria?

Also, the state CDC site said that there have been only 27 cases of Omicron verified in the state and that Delta is still dominant here. But then what's the highly contagious mostly-mild illness going around that's making people test positive? Hmm. Maybe everybody with Omicron did a home test.

But at least the most recent infographic from the hospital looks good for boostered people (about 30% of previously-vaccinated people have gotten their booster at this point):
img_1_1642543701868.jpg

denice

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think a lot of people with Omicron aren't seeking medical attention. I know I don't go in every time I have a cold, all that does is spread it around and there is nothing that can be done for it. Only the samples taken for the PCR test are sequenced to know which variant it is.