Corona Virus Now Spreading

denice

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't think boosters will be mandated at least for a good long while. There are people who don't like that wealthy countries are providing boosters when there are poor countries that have vaccinated less than 10% of their population. They feel that all vaccines should go into vaccinating people in poor countries before giving boosters to people in wealthy countries. That will just add another layer of politicization to this.

The U.S. is sticking to people getting a booster that matches their first doses. I got the Moderna vaccine and they haven't been approved for boosters yet. The Moderna vaccine is holding up better then the Pfizer because it has a higher dose of the active ingredient. That is probably why it was a little more prone to side effects, usually just people feeling like they are coming down with the flu after the second shot. I was fortunate I only had the sore arm after both shots.

I am getting my flu shot and second shingles shot next weekend.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been giving 3rd dose pfizer vaccines (aka "boosters") & no negative reports so far, not even among our fragile patients.
Flu vaccine can be administered at the same time as covid & other vaccines. Latest data show no increase in reactions in multiple admissions.
Good news from one of our elders: although he tested positive for Covid, he was asymptomatic and his wife has remained negative. They got tested after exposure at their granddaughter's wedding a few weeks ago. They both received Pfizer. Some of the other attendees are very sick but none of them were vaccinated.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So yet again, I have a useless limb hanging off my shoulder! LOL! I'm really tired but I also didn't sleep well because every time I moved in the night I woke up due to the pain in my arm. So I'm not sure if my fatigue is vaccine related or just lack of sleep. Probably a bit of both because I was quite fatigued and sluggish last evening/night as well. I also had a pretty decent headache last night, and still a bit of one today, but the weather has been terrible (cold, damp and rainy) all week, and I usually get pressure headaches with the fluctuating pressure systems (and have been), so again...unsure if it's the vaccine or just me.
So overall, I'm doing fine. No weird stuff and basically feeling like I expected to. Hubby is also fine, just a sore arm.

denice

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I read that Moderna is using a half dose for boosters. They haven't got approval yet. J&J is also doing booster trials and they got a big jump in immunity, better then the original shot. I think they probably should have been two shots to begin with.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Post-vaccine care can include therapeutic doses of elderberry,.L-lysine,.zinc, probiotics, vitamin C, as well the usual recommended Tylenol and/or NSAIDs. The challenge in using supplements and herbs is getting the dosing right for each particular individual because diet and lifestyle contribute to amounts needed. At the very least, one should explore herbs & supplements just as they do pharmaceuticals. Medline has a link that doesn't require a subscription. If one's doctor isn't well-versed in herbology, there are holistic healers.

Mia6

Mother of one
Top Cat
Purraise
At the very least, one should explore herbs & supplements just as they do pharmaceuticals. Medline has a link that doesn't require a subscription
Please be careful with herbs. I had a bad reaction to some ingredient in an
herbal hand cream. They are not regulated by FDA. Do your homework!!

KittyFriday

🐱
Adult Cat
Purraise
My ex-dog groomer and her husband both came down with covid and now have a gofundme up as they are losing business. Mind, when my parents took their dogs there she told my father that "masks were ridiculous and didn't work" (our town had a mask mandate at the time, which she did not comply with) and that "covid wasn't real". It's surprising to me honestly that she didn't catch it before now.

I obviously don't wish her ill health, but I also would not be upset if her business struggled a bit - after the way she treated both my dog and my parents' dog she shouldn't be in business at all.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A friend of mine has a break through case which he got from the vaccinated mom of another friend…who caught it from an unvaccinated nephew. He’s still really sick although, thankfully, he’s improving. But he was posting on FB at 3 a.m. because he hasn’t slept more than 30 minutes at a time for days. And he says he no longer has patience for or will be understanding of people who choose not to get vaccinated or to wear a mask.

At the grocery store yesterday I saw three or four families not wearing masks. Gave them a very wide berth. They were trying very hard to not make eye contact with anyone because they were getting a lot of dirty looks.