Corona Virus Now Spreading

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have a small bruise and slight soreness, nothing out of proportion for sticking a needle in a muscle though.

But my hip is killing me. It feels like I pulled/overworked the muscle. I have no idea how this could be a vaccine reaction, but maybe? I guess I assumed that when "muscle soreness" is listed as a possible side effect, they meant a general all-over soreness, like you get when you have the flu, not one specific muscle acting up. So idk. Maybe I slept on it funny or something.
I hope you don't have the pain from your hip like I did with my back. I thought I slept funny as well so I'm not sure what is going on as I haven't had the vaccine. You're in my thoughts.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do have a small bruise and slight soreness, nothing out of proportion for sticking a needle in a muscle though.
Haven't looked lately, but don't think I have a bruise, but I do have slight arm soreness, which as you posted, makes sense having had a needle jabbed in my arm. ;)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
But my hip is killing me. It feels like I pulled/overworked the muscle. I have no idea how this could be a vaccine reaction, but maybe? I guess I assumed that when "muscle soreness" is listed as a possible side effect, they meant a general all-over soreness, like you get when you have the flu, not one specific muscle acting up.
Yep, I got this slight soreness at the same place as you and just as what you describe. I had a little problem getting out of bed in the morning for a few days. It's gone now.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my final shot yesterday of Moderna and currently down with chills and fever, which they say are normal side effects.

I pray for everybodys safety and good health.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my final shot yesterday of Moderna and currently down with chills and fever, which they say are normal side effects.

I pray for everybodys safety and good health.
The reaction lasted me, just shy of 48 hours.. It was fever, chills, fatigue, muscular skeletal pain..
Take some Tylenol... It should help... but it will pass.. Supposedly it means that your immune system is working ....

((hugs))

jersharocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had my second dose of Pfizer on Tuesday. The only side effects I experienced were a very slightly sore arm (it was worse the first time so I wonder if it was technique) and I was extra tired on Wednesday night. I went to bed about 45 minutes early and I woke up Thursday feeling fine.

I highly recommend being well hydrated before your shot. I've read that it helps (so I did drink a lot of extra water all day Tuesday and Wednesday) and there are no downsides that I can think of for drinking extra water.

I think the person who gave me the first dose hit a capillary because I bled quite a bit and had a bruise within a day. With my second I bled a single drop and there is no visible spot where I got the shot. No bruise, no redness, nothing.

Another tip is make sure you don't tense up your arm when they give the shot. Let it hang freely and distract yourself (and look the other way) while they give the shot. If you're tense, it's going to hurt. If you are relaxed, it's far less likely to hurt.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my second dose of Pfizer on Tuesday. The only side effects I experienced were a very slightly sore arm (it was worse the first time so I wonder if it was technique) and I was extra tired on Wednesday night. I went to bed about 45 minutes early and I woke up Thursday feeling fine.

I highly recommend being well hydrated before your shot. I've read that it helps (so I did drink a lot of extra water all day Tuesday and Wednesday) and there are no downsides that I can think of for drinking extra water.

I think the person who gave me the first dose hit a capillary because I bled quite a bit and had a bruise within a day. With my second I bled a single drop and there is no visible spot where I got the shot. No bruise, no redness, nothing.

Another tip is make sure you don't tense up your arm when they give the shot. Let it hang freely and distract yourself (and look the other way) while they give the shot. If you're tense, it's going to hurt. If you are relaxed, it's far less likely to hurt.
Yep. That is true about the tensing of arm. I used to donate blood and/or platelets all the time and that was a trick I learned although it never bothered me watching. Still looking to see where I can get a Covid test. I just hope they don't stick something up my nose.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the person who gave me the first dose hit a capillary because I bled quite a bit and had a bruise within a day. With my second I bled a single drop and there is no visible spot
It was the other way around for me. Yeah, it must be technique or just luck about where the needle hits.

The injection site is no longer sore for me though. Slight bruise-y feeling if I poke it but nothing else.
I just hope they don't stick something up my nose.
Unfortunately I think that's the only way it can be done :/. I didn't think it was that bad though.

My hip still hurts but not as bad. I wish I knew if this is a reaction or not, lol. I looked up a muscle chart and it appears to be my gluteus medius that's sore. There's no logical reason for a vaccine to cause a sore gluteus medius (unless that's where you got the shot) but who knows.

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
The reaction lasted me, just shy of 48 hours.. It was fever, chills, fatigue, muscular skeletal pain..
Take some Tylenol... It should help... but it will pass.. Supposedly it means that your immune system is working ....

((hugs))
Thank you. ♥

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They lifted the pause on the J&J vaccine. The FDA considered a warning for women under 50 but they didn't add it. I read that the White House has given up on the J&J vaccine. That isn't because of efficacy or this rare serious side effect but because of issues at one of their production facilities, they can't be counted on to deliver. A lot of states at least were counting on it for their remote underserved rural areas because it can be stored at normal household refrigerator temperatures. Unfortunately those are the areas with a lot of resistance to the vaccine and all of this surrounding the J&J vaccine isn't going to help.

Micaela227

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My parents are getting vaccinated today! It's their first dose, and they are over 60, so we are thrilled they finally got their appointment. I'm from Argentina, here the government is vaccinating from oldest to youngest (of course medical staff, police and teachers are a priority too) and we are currently vaccinating people in their sixties.
It's gotten bad again, we have around 30,000 confirmed cases and 500 deaths everyday. Schools are closed again, and we aren't supposed to be out in the streets after 8 PM until 6 AM, unless it's an emergency or you need to go/come back from work. I know it sounds extreme, but our medical system its collapsing, there just isn't enough places for everybody. My cousin is on intensive care, intubated. My sister and her boyfriend are getting tested today, but with her symptoms she most likely has it.
The worst part is, people really doesn't get how bad it is until someone close to them gets sick. It's sad, and infuriating, seeing how many people just doesn't care even after a year of this.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well as soon as I get tested to see if I have COVID (I can't do nasal swab as I have a history of anything in nose cause dangerous nosebleeds for months but rather the saliva test) I intend to have a doctor let me sign a waiver that I can get vaccinated. I mean they complain that people are not getting vaccinated, people I know are willing to sign a waiver that they will NOT hold the doctors liable if something happens, and yet we are still being denied. They don't realize that because I may have had a bad reaction to something 10 years ago I may not at this point as our bodies do change. People have food allergies. Are they going to stop selling food to us because we may have a "bad reaction?" I get the thing about them being held liable but every other medical procedure I've had I signed papers that I or family member will not sue said doctor in event of death or sickness. And that was for a filling in a tooth so why not this. If they really want to stop the spread of this virus they should provide us with the paperwork. I still think that having a bad reaction to a vaccine is much more honorable then something stupid like "I pulled a muscle sleeping in a funny position".

I mean outside of the back pain I have a super duper great immune system. I have not had a cold or flu in the past 25 years. Not even the sniffles. I'm 65 years of age. And regardless of what anyone thinks, I still believe it should be up to the individual. We are letting too many other people make our decisions for us and becoming a non thinking individuals. If I sign a waiver that I want to take the vaccine and will not sue in the event of bad reactions, then that should be my choice, not theirs, as long as I have a legal waiver claiming so.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The U.S. prioritized vaccinating the same way. Medical people and people in nursing homes and assisted living were first then generally by age. People with underlying serious health issues, school teacher and employees, and people in other high exposure risk jobs were included with people who were 65 or older. It has made a difference even without having enough people vaccinated to stop this. Our cases in Ohio are going up but not anything like past surges.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know I am ready for this to be over.

The Governor of West Virginia is giving everyone between the ages of 16 and 35 a $100 savings bond if they get vaccinated. It's too bad it is coming down to this but whatever it takes to get as many people as possible vaccinated.