Corona Virus Now Spreading

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my second dose of Moderna a couple of days ago, and the injection site was so painful I took some naproxen for a day or two. Then I read that 85% of people on Moderna reported this reaction. The site swelled and was red as well. The article I read said taking a pain reliever reduced the effectiveness of the vaccine, but the ones mentioned didn't include naproxen. I hope naproxen doesn't have an effect, but I couldn't stand the pain - I could barely move my arm.
My arm was more sore with the second shot of Moderna then it was with the first. I think the main thing they didn't want people to do was take an anti-inflammatory pain reliever right before the shot as a preventative. The inflammation is the immune reaction which is what creates the antibodies. I guess some people will take something right before the shot to get ahead of the symptoms.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My arm was more sore with the second shot of Moderna then it was with the first. I think the main thing they didn't want people to do was take an anti-inflammatory pain reliever right before the shot as a preventative. The inflammation is the immune reaction which is what creates the antibodies. I guess some people will take something right before the shot to get ahead of the symptoms.
Well, I take a prescription NSAID daily, so I really don't have a choice. I don't want to skip a dose.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I take a prescription NSAID daily, so I really don't have a choice. I don't want to skip a dose.
The CDC says that people who take NSAIDs or antihistamines regularly should take their meds as usual. But if you don't take it regularly, don't take it before the vaccine. Afterward you can if you have to though.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched an HBO documentary yesterday about one of the cruise ships that had the COVID outbreak last year. Pretty interesting and easy to see why the virus kept spreading. Passengers and crew were provided masks early on in the crisis but they were all the kind that had the exhale vent on them. No surprise that the virus just kept getting passed on.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, spoke too soon. Now J&J is being linked to blood clots and my brother's doctor told him because of his mthfr mutation and dvt history he definitely should not get it, and he asked about me and they said since I know I have the mutation that I shouldn't either. Now I'll have to scour the internet everywhere to try and get one of the other two, and I'm so very disappointed. :bawling:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were put in another lockdown (locally), then, a few weeks later, the province was put in a lockdown, with different restrictions. But then, about a week or so after that, the province changed the restrictions to the lockdown they put in place...None of it has really changed anything for me, and I'm not bothered by most of it but is has been a mini whirlwind keeping up with the changes to make sure we're doing things right.
Then I saw this today on a local facebook community page and it made me laugh.

1618014829992.png

We still have to laugh thru all this bull poop...and this made me LOL.

Hope you enjoy!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, spoke too soon. Now J&J is being linked to blood clots and my brother's doctor told him because of his mthfr mutation and dvt history he definitely should not get it, and he asked about me and they said since I know I have the mutation that I shouldn't either. Now I'll have to scour the internet everywhere to try and get one of the other two, and I'm so very disappointed. :bawling:
I managed to snag a Walgreens appointment for Moderna, I believe! Much relief as long as they have the doses.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I rolled over on that arm in my sleep, so it's pretty sore. Feeling a little rundown, but no fever.
The first one kicked my butt. Sooo tired, chills that lasted for days. I feel so relieved. There were so many
people there. I didn't notice the first time but the vaccine clinic is also next to the heart clinic, smart choice!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
‘Trouble filling our schedules;’ Rural clinics, pharmacies seek to fill open vaccine slots as hesitancy looms

Now that younger people are eligible that and the anti-vaxxers are becoming evident. It is especially prevalent in the deep South of the U.S. It is also an issue in other countries. Things here have loosened up some for appointments but I think that is more about an increase in vaccines. I think this is going to become a problem when it comes to really slowing this thing down. We have to get a certain percentage, the ideas as to what percentage varies but we need to get a strong majority of people vaccinated. I am not talking about people who have medical reasons to not be vaccinated, we have always had that and it is a relatively small percentage of people. It is the people with the weird conspiracy theories that form a big part of the anti-vaxxer movement that predates COVID.