Corona Virus Now Spreading

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With Johnson and Johnson's vaccine close to being approved they are now making an effort to tell people not to be picky about which vaccine they get. Take whichever one is available when you can. Johnson and Johnson's percentages are less then Pfizer and Moderna but will probably become more available. Doctors are saying take it if that is what is available because it is highly effective in preventing serious illness. It will keep people out of the hospital and keep people from dying.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I had my second vaccination shot - and I'm now (24 hours later) feeling like death warmed up! Oh well, I'll go to bed early and hope my heavy cats don't want to sleep on me. I'm confident I''ll be back to normal tomorrow but now, I'm burning and everything hurts! 6 of us at the surgery have been vaccinated and only the doctor and I are suffering. She's the youngest and I'm the oldest so perhaps age has got someting to do with it.
Never fear, I'll be back tomorrow! 🤒

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone I know (who is a small town first responder so she was first in line to get vaccinated) had a reaction to BOTH shots, knocked her flat for 2-3 days. I've heard that most people who have a reaction only have a reaction to one or the other, not both, she just got "lucky" I guess.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone I know (who is a small town first responder so she was first in line to get vaccinated) had a reaction to BOTH shots, knocked her flat for 2-3 days. I've heard that most people who have a reaction only have a reaction to one or the other, not both, she just got "lucky" I guess.
I think that was very unlucky! I'm back to normal today - a couple of aspirins in the night and this morning the thermometer no longer glowed red. I don't think I've had a high temperature for years. Anyway, I hope that a reaction, whatever it is, shows that your body has reacted and produced loads of anti-bodies! The bad news is that although we've all been vaccinated, politicians have now decided that we'll still have to be tested twice a week. I only work on the computer - have little contact with patients - so perhaps I'll be exempted.

Thanks for all the hugs - they definitely helped. Even my cats were quite well behaved and didn't annoy me too much - they tried to push each other off the bed - the heaviest cat won - but they did it gently without coming to blows. They like each other really!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I got my first dose of the vaccine (Pfizer) yesterday. I didn’t even feel the shot! And the only reaction I’ve had is a bit of soreness. The young woman who administered the shot said, “Some people have a lot more pain with the second shot!” Thanks, sweetie. Just what I needed to hear. :lol:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my first dose of the vaccine (Pfizer) yesterday. I didn’t even feel the shot! And the only reaction I’ve had is a bit of soreness. The young woman who administered the shot said, “Some people have a lot more pain with the second shot!” Thanks, sweetie. Just what I needed to hear. :lol:
But, you'll get over it! "Pain" is the wrong word - a short bout of flu. So don't plan to do anything strenuous on the day after! My daughter and her husband have had no reaction at all. She's quite a bit heavier than me ..........

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I get the second dose of Pfizer vaccine, this upcoming Friday. I will let you know how I do with it.
🤞
They are saying that the holiday surge is over; however, they are anticipating a post Super Bowl surge!!

My state is opening up more establishments---increasing the number of customers inside to 40% occupancy.. I guess I am a 'fraidy cat' because I think this may be a bit too early. Not everyone has access to the vaccine, yet, and the new variations are in the country...
The numbers of infections are declining, early rapidly. That is what they are basing this on. I am not sure about all of this.

I think we should hold back until more people are vaccinated, before we open things up..
Just my opinion.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received an email yesterday from Heartfields saying that 4 more residents tested positive for Covid. We were tested on Monday. They have not gotten all of the results back yet for the staff. We get the 2nd vaccine on Feb 18.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We’re scheduled for our second Pfizer dose on Feb. 24, although there was an article in this morning’s paper about shortages in Oregon. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. :crossfingers:

I’m seeing more articles about double masking. I thought this one from NPR was helpful. (I knew there was a reason I kept those old pantyhose that I haven’t worn for more than six years! :lol:)
5 Hacks And Tips To Make Your Face Mask More Protective

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Out of the last bath of testing; one more tenant was positive, This tenant was asymptomatic. They are quarantining in their apartment; and contacting their PCP doctor. The City is doing Tracing on them.
This makes 8 positives since Jan 1...

They are having another Testing on Wednesday.
The 2nd dose of the Vaccine is on Friday..

I keep getting tested. I feel fine, but you never know. I could be an asymptomatic carrier.

The only places I have been last week were: the optometrist, hairdresser, and Whole Foods...
No where else. I think it is good to be tested.

As I have been saying: They offer, I take....

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been. After all the videos I have seen of wildlife with different things around them and their heads stuck in different things I think about doing things like that.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I've been doing that too. Usually the loops pull off fairly easily. . .but ducks don't have thumbs. But people do so if you don't have scissors you can just pull them.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think things here are completely stalled because they are vaccinating teachers and school employees. I have pretty much given up for now. Next it will be people like supermarket employees. I thought this would happen after the nursing homes. I am able to work from home the vast majority of the time and I am basically an introvert anyway so I stay home most of the time anyway.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I think things here are completely stalled because they are vaccinating teachers and school employees. I have pretty much given up for now. Next it will be people like supermarket employees. I thought this would happen after the nursing homes. I am able to work from home the vast majority of the time and I am basically an introvert anyway so I stay home most of the time anyway.
I got an email from the Cleveland Clinic this morning stating I could get it there but they would contact me
I'll go to the first place that has an open spot that offers it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They've only just bumped it down to people age 75+ here :/. They're in phase 1D, but started with people 85+, then 80+, now 75+. They have to get down to 65+ and people with conditions so I'm sure they won't get to phase 1E (when I would qualify) for a couple months at least.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohio was supposed to start with 65 and up this week. DeWine announced they have stopped going down the list and they are holding mass vaccinations at the schools for teachers and staff, that is why I say it has stalled.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my 2nd vaccine yesterday. It's been 24 hours and I feel pretty good. I have a mild headache, diarrhea and I'm nauseous. But I think that is just part of my IBS. No fever. The nurse told me that a lot of the residents have diarrhea, fever and they hurt all over. I must have a lousy ammune system as it does not seem to be fighting off the vaccine.

There are 86 residents here and 10 of them have tested postive for Covid. They are all on the second floor. The aides are having a hard time keeping them in their rooms.They roam the whole building day and night and hardly ever ware mask.