Corona Virus Now Spreading

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a couple here in Central Ohio who died of this within a few minutes of each other. They got sick with this a couple of weeks after their 70th wedding anniversary. When they both got worse doctors okayed them being in the same room. They were holding hands and she had her head on his shoulder when they died.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Please, please, please be safe and stay home, wash your hands and wear a mask.
Covid has made my job 12-16hrs a day, 7 days a week and we're barely staying afloat. My coworkers and I are exhausted, we're breaking down, I'm practically living at work and I miss my kitties because all I have time to do when I get home is sleep. My body is beat up, bruised and I'm finally getting over 2nd degree burns on my hand. Hell, we set the building on fire at one point because we're pushing our equipment beyond what's it's capable of.
Every day I hear stories from families about "we thought it was ok to travel", "we didn't think it'd happen to our family", "I just wanted to see (insert person here)", "we should have taken this seriously".
I hope that everyone is being safe. I want to see everyone here on TCS, not at my place of work. Take care of yourselves and remind your family and friends to do the same.
Bless you and thank you, Mr. Meow, I'm sending prayers and good vibes to you and colleagues.💖

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Our case numbers has risen but not a quickly as before and far less number of deaths.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spotted Lysol disinfectant wipes at the supermarket today:

20210123_074253[1].jpg

I still have plenty of store generic wipes. Lots of hand soap and hand sanitizers available and paper products.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I live in Franklin county in Ohio and it is bad here, we are close to a hundred thousand cases just in Franklin county.
Our facility isn't too far away from you. We're just south of Dayton in Miamisburg, and I live a bit south from there. Moved out of Cincinnati just over a year ago (Hamilton county to be specific) because our sister location is close to the city and their numbers started to take off. In fact, The county I moved out of was the first county in the state to reach the "purple" level, and I think it's still there.
Please stay safe up there. 💕

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I noticed the last time I was at the grocery store; that it was pretty well stocked. Same as with Rite-Aid.. Or I just caught it on a lucky day.

I could have picked up some Clorox Wipes, but I have enough in here.
I did get the last refill bottle of Lysol Lemon Cleaner. It looked as if someone hid it in-between other stock; but I found it.

I am all set with a ton of things.. now is the time to get into my stock. I have been staying inside my apartment a lot. With the variations of Covid going around, I am triple careful of going out.

I am double masking now: a disposable with a cloth mask over it. Even in the building.

When I go to the grocery store, I take my own gloves to wipe down the carriage. Then I dispose of the gloves. I have a roll of alcohol wipes and hand sanitizer in my car. I use them as soon as I get in. I even wipe down the steering wheel.

Got the first dose of the Pfizer Vaccine yesterday.. actually my entire building got it. CVS had a clinic in here. One day, everyone..
They will return in 3 weeks for the second dose.
My building was on the Boston News.. We had about 84% participation---280 people, including staff.
I am so grateful I live in here. It seems like a great place to live. The building may have a ton of issues, but when it comes down to it, they are taking good care of us. The is also some type of affiliation with Harvard Medical School.. I could not ask for anything better..

Grateful

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spotted Lysol disinfectant wipes at the supermarket today:

View attachment 367544

I still have plenty of store generic wipes. Lots of hand soap and hand sanitizers available and paper products.
Yeah I noticed they had wipes the last time I was at Walmart. Clorox I think. The labels were plainer than usual, looks like those Lysol labels are too. Maybe getting fancy labels printed was part of what was slowing down production. Anyway I have enough so I didn't grab any but it was nice to see mostly-full shelves finally.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Maybe getting fancy labels printed was part of what was slowing down production.
I had some weird-looking labels on a batch of SF Bay coffee pods a couple of months ago. I messaged the company, and they reassured me the pods were okay. They had had supply issues and were having to print labels that looked more amateurish.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have read a couple of articles now saying that with the more contagious variants around better masks are a good idea so I ordered some off of Amazon this morning, supposed to be here tomorrow. They are quite a bit more expensive but since I work from home I don't have to wear them very often. I also only wear them for a short time and then it's a number of days before I need to wear one again so I can wear them more then once.

I got these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LYTYHFK/?tag=thecatsite

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hadn't seen the wipes here in a while, I used to see them every 2 or 3 weeks. I broke out a new container of the Lysol wipes from my stash this morning. I still have two of the Clorox ones, one off brand and one store brand. They are the bigger containers. Maybe by the time I need to replenish they will be back. The disinfectant cleaners looked good, the shelves looked better then they have in a long time. It is just the wipes and the Lysol spray, Lysol spray has been out of stock more then in stock since this started.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I've seen it restocked in a local Walmart a bunch of times, but that seems to be the only place I've seen it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it this morning and thought of you!
Thanks for thinking of me.. I was really surprised when I saw it on the news.
I do not have a direct view of the front of the building. I have a side view of the north.. not the building, but Lynn, Nahant...I like my view..

I was wondering why the Director was in a suit and tie. He said it was the first time in a year that he has worn a tie!!! And I almost walked into the podium, when I was leaving...

They had the dining room decked out with balloons, snacks, social distancing chairs, music, a picture frame.. it was nice..

I am still one of the youngest residents in here...

Wow-- my friend in here, who knows all the news.. just called, telling me that the 100 year old resident in here~~ well her daughter works for Channel 4.... no wonder why we have been in the news so much... jeesh ....

I have read a couple of articles now saying that with the more contagious variants around better masks are a good idea so I ordered some off of Amazon this morning, supposed to be here tomorrow. They are quite a bit more expensive but since I work from home I don't have to wear them very often. I also only wear them for a short time and then it's a number of days before I need to wear one again so I can wear them more then once.

I got these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LYTYHFK/?tag=thecatsite
I was thinking the same thing. I have been double masking, making 5 layers: 3 with disposable, and 2 with washable masks....

I also ordered some KN95 masks from Amazon.

Individually Wrapped 60 Packs KN95 Face Mask, Included on FDA EUA List, 5-Ply Breathable Comfortable Filter Safety Mask, Filter Efficiency≥95%,

Expensive, but I feel it is time to use them. I expect us using masks for most of the year, at certain times.. I am going to be cautious. This way, I have more than enough, even for double masking....and can dispose of them more often.. and feel safer....

Joan M

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My son and his family got Covid just before Christmas. The first test he and his wife took came back negative, so they figured it was just seasonal flu. But then he spiked a fever and got another test about a week after his first one. It was positive. We had a Christmas celebration two weeks late this year. :( But they are all fine now, including their one-year-old child.

I read up about false negatives, and they don't know for sure (as they also don't know with so many other things with this virus), but they think there can be up to a 30% false negative test result. I didn't look up positives, so I don't know that. But it's made me wary of negative results when people are sick. I know it can be other things - the same son also got Lyme disease in the fall and the doctors were positive it was Covid. It wasn't, and he insisted on a Lyme test which came back positive - but tests aren't always accurate. I hope people who don't feel well still stay home, even if they think it's something else.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The is also some type of affiliation with Harvard Medical School.. I could not ask for anything better..
I doubt Harvard Medical School has any involvement in getting vaccines to people or doing the actual vaccinations. From an earlier post of yours, you said the staff organizing the vaccine distribution in your building have an hms.com email address. The HMS.com web site lists the company as a health care analytics and technology company that works with employers and state and federal agencies to provide health care needs. Have you asked the staff specifically if they are associated / affiliated with Harvard Medical School? Harvard Medical School email addresses are hms.harvard.edu

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The shelves at Kroger yesterday morning looked like that except for no disinfecting wipes or Lysol Spray. I have both in my stash however.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt Harvard Medical School has any involvement in getting vaccines to people or doing the actual vaccinations. From an earlier post of yours, you said the staff organizing the vaccine distribution in your building have an hms.com email address. The HMS.com web site lists the company as a health care analytics and technology company that works with employers and state and federal agencies to provide health care needs. Have you asked the staff specifically if they are associated / affiliated with Harvard Medical School? Harvard Medical School email addresses are hms.harvard.edu
No quite exactly..

The company administering the vaccines is CVS...

All the employees here have: hsl,harvard.edu as their email address..

The parent company of the building, advertises that it is a Harvard Medical School Affiliate..

What I was getting at: This building is taking very good care of us.. I do too know if that is because it is their inherent posture, or if the affiliation with HMS is aiding with us getting all the Covid testing as we have had...

No, I have not directly asked about their affiliation.. I am just taking it for what it is... no complaints...

Last edited: