Corona Virus Now Spreading

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that but if I get the virus then sadly my Mom and the cats die. What should I do. Sorry Mom my life is more important than you?

At least with an infection if it gets to that point I'm not spreading it to Mom like I would if I get COVID. Please look back at my previous threads. We have no one to help or want to help us if something happens. I do the best that I can under my circumstances. And Mom won't let anyone help her but me. So if I go to a dentist, get infected, put in hospital what happens to Mom due to her stubbornness. She has in her living will to not interfere with her care. What happens to the cats? A caretaker of feral cats is supposed to do that, take care of, regardless of health issues and other obstacles.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8 more cases announced yesterday. 7 of the cases are all linked to a party and are all in the "under 19" age group. And the girl who infected everyone at the party is the sister of the first case we got last week, the "under 19" who traveled and went to a party out of town, turns out she was also at this same out of town party, that her brother got sick from AND YET STILL WENT TO ANOTHER PARTY!!!!
The 8th case is a man in his 30's with contact of someone who traveled.
So we now, in a span of less than 2 weeks, went from zero cases for over a month to 12....
I get that young people want to get together but do they really need to have big parties? Can't they just have small gatherings, close friends they trust... And who are these parents that are letting these parties happen?!! At 18-19, I know parents can't totally control their kids, but most kids live with their parents around here until well into their 20's. Especially with the closures/on-line learning, most kids came home. You'd think they must have SOME ground rules?!........I just don't get it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 19 year old. He "thinks" he is an adult and doesn't need Mom and Dad all up in his business. But... if the crap hits the fan, who does he call??? Mom. :lol:

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And the girl who infected everyone at the party is the sister of the first case we got last week, the "under 19" who traveled and went to a party out of town, turns out she was also at this same out of town party, that her brother got sick from AND YET STILL WENT TO ANOTHER PARTY!!!!
The 8th case is a man in his 30's with contact of someone who traveled.
Word is that the first boy, actually has no symptoms. He was contacted because the party out of town had cases. I'm just wondering why the sister didn't go get tested when her brother went...considering they were at the same party.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 19 year old. He "thinks" he is an adult and doesn't need Mom and Dad all up in his business. But... if the crap hits the fan, who does he call??? Mom. :lol:
I was like that too. I had a job, made my own money, had a vehicle...I didn't have to "ask for permission" to do things and could come and go as I pleased. BUT we still had ground rules...like I had chores to do around the house, did my own laundry, helped with meals if I was home, etc...And I'm sure as heck that my Dad would have been telling me, if this was happening when I was 19, that I couldn't go to big parties, or go out of town, just for fun.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was like that too. I had a job, made my own money, had a vehicle...I didn't have to "ask for permission" to do things and could come and go as I pleased. BUT we still had ground rules...like I had chores to do around the house, did my own laundry, helped with meals if I was home, etc...And I'm sure as heck that my Dad would have been telling me, if this was happening when I was 19, that I couldn't go to big parties, or go out of town, just for fun.
My son also has a job and bought his car with his own money. We do ask him to let us know where he is and when he expects to be home. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. He is always quick to answer a "where are you?" text so that helps. No big parties for him either. The most he does is goes kayaking with some friends out in the Bay.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have been the oddball. My parents tried like crazy to get me out to socialize but growing up an only child I was quite happy by myself thank you very much Mom. haha Usually I'd be found in my room with a book as I never was a tv type person.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have been the oddball. My parents tried like crazy to get me out to socialize but growing up an only child I was quite happy by myself thank you very much Mom. haha Usually I'd be found in my room with a book as I never was a tv type person.
I have always been a homebody and never liked socializing, even as a teen/young adult. I must have the "fake it until you make it" down pat because everyone at work says I am the friendliest person and always smiling. To me, my RBF* is on point. (resting b**** face)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here...I'm very much an introvert, and quite happy to stay home. But I'm quite capable to "fake it 'till you make it". I'm very personable and people are drawn to me, but I don't nurture relationships cuz I'm just not interested, nor do I have the energy to put the effort necessary to be with people all the time. So I have a lot of acquaintances...but not a lot of "hanging out friends".
To me, my RBF* is on point.
YES!!! lol! People will often as me if I'm OK, or what's wrong when I'm just sitting doing nothing/relaxing or concentrating on something. It's like if I'm not smiling I look like a miserable witch.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here...I'm very much an introvert, and quite happy to stay home. But I'm quite capable to "fake it 'till you make it". I'm very personable and people are drawn to me, but I don't nurture relationships cuz I'm just not interested, nor do I have the energy to put the effort necessary to be with people all the time. So I have a lot of acquaintances...but not a lot of "hanging out friends".

YES!!! lol! People will often as me if I'm OK, or what's wrong when I'm just sitting doing nothing/relaxing or concentrating on something. It's like if I'm not smiling I look like a miserable witch.
You are my twin!! :lol: My husband will ask me what's wrong and I say, "It's just my face. I can't do anything about it."

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Young people are still driving the surge here in the U.S. Some of them are getting very sick with this. In time it will be older people as well. You know they had contact with older relatives, neighbors, even very brief casual contact with older people in stores. Two of the states that are epicenters now had the no masks that infringes on our freedom thing going.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise

My daughter is the same. As am I, I must have taught her well!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It took nearly four months into the pandemic for my county to hit 100 cases. But it took just three weeks to reach 200 cases, and only 11 days to reach 300 cases. The majority of new cases are appearing in the 20-29 age group, and that age group has by far the most cases. There are more hospitalizations in older people, though.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For :censored: sake! we have another 10 cases, bringing our new cases to 22 in less than 2 weeks! 7 of the new cases are of unknown cause, no travel and no known contact. Out of all the 22 new cases 14 of them are under 19.
Parents...it's time you step up!
It's funny though, because 5 of the 7 "unknown" cases (new bunch) are under 19...me thinks they may be lying about what they've been doing! :rolleyes2: Especially considering the source of the previous bunch of under 19's infected...were at a party where they were all sharing a bong! :doh::drool:
News travels fast in a small community, so we'll see what else comes out. And I don't mean Ha ha funny, as it's actually quite frustrating and dangerous that these kids are probably lying about their possible exposure...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Contact tracing isn't easy, sometimes not possible. There are probably about 10 people who have tested positive in the town I work in. A very tiny town (~400-ish). Nothing in common---a couple in their 60s, a family with little kids and teens, a couple in their 40s, and a single guy. Nobody can think of anywhere they've all been or one person they've all had contact with. Once there's community spread, it spreads!

But sometimes it's easy---a Christian camp in the state held their senior high camp week from July 12th-18th, and so far they've had 61 positive tests among the campers and staff! There were 328 people total, so that's 20% already.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For :censored: sake! we have another 10 cases, bringing our new cases to 22 in less than 2 weeks! 7 of the new cases are of unknown cause, no travel and no known contact. Out of all the 22 new cases 14 of them are under 19.
Parents...it's time you step up!
It's funny though, because 5 of the 7 "unknown" cases (new bunch) are under 19...me thinks they may be lying about what they've been doing! :rolleyes2: Especially considering the source of the previous bunch of under 19's infected...were at a party where they were all sharing a bong! :doh::drool:
News travels fast in a small community, so we'll see what else comes out. And I don't mean Ha ha funny, as it's actually quite frustrating and dangerous that these kids are probably lying about their possible exposure...
We are over 16,000 in the county and 80,000 in the state. They went with a 10 p.m curfew in bars and restaurants and have started citing businesses for blatant violations. There is always the ultimate penalty pulling liquor licenses. Ohio was one of the four states that Fauci called the most worrying for the next hot spot.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our county had 219 new cases yesterday and Ohio had 1,733 new cases yesterday. Dr Fauci watches the percentage of tests that are positive. I forget now what it should be below but when that is too high that means there is a lot of community transmission.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Our county had 219 new cases yesterday and Ohio had 1,733 new cases yesterday. Dr Fauci watches the percentage of tests that are positive. I forget now what it should be below but when that is too high that means there is a lot of community transmission.
I think it is supposed to be under 2.3% .. At least the 2% sounds familiar to me. It could be 2.2%, my memory is a bit off.. At least this is the number I am focusing on. Gov Baker is watching the numbers very closely. He gave us a warning the other day. We are up to 2%. If the numbers persist in rising for 2 several days, then he is not afraid to take a step or 2 back.

I saw an article, forget where; which said to be very careful of the "Wave" working itself up the east coast. I am aware of this.. I am restocking.. and keeping a ton of stuff in my bedroom closet---just in case. It only took 5 cases in my building, to get us quarantined.

I live on the beach, and I am seeing so many people out there without masks. I know ti is really hard to breathe with them, especially on hot days, but... we all need to keep vigilant about things.
The other day, there was a group of at least 25 teens on the beach, playing volley ball, with 2 net sets... They were there for a couple of hours, and then left, pretty abruptly. I do not know if the state police told them to break it up or not; but it was worrisome.

There are a ton of people in the city, who are non-believers. I cannot believe it. They still eel that anyplace requiring masks is an infringement of their civil rights/liberties!! They walk around flaunting the fact that they are against it. It is incredible. When confronted at a store, they automatically cause a scene, stating: "I have rights! Hippa allows me to not wear a mask!!" and begin a huge confrontation where the police have to be involved. It is really getting out of control.

The volume of car traffic is incredible; almost as if it is a normal day.

I went to Trader Joes yesterday. I really cannot understand why all the stores are allowed to now have customers bring in their non-disposable grocery bags. As far as I am concerned, that is a mistake; brewing.

I am still taking advantage of senior hours for shopping. I do not feel safe going to manny stores; staying home a lot.

I am debating on using gloves while shopping. I know how easy it is to cross contaminate things; even using gloves... and we have to conserve our supply... It is tuff.