Corona Virus Now Spreading

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I got my booster last month and my flu shot yesterday. I didn't want to get them both at the same time. Fortunately I did not have a reaction to the booster other than a little soreness and my arm feels okay after getting the flu shot.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my omicron booster a little over a month ago, and my flu shot a little over a week ago. I still mask up pretty much anywhere unless it's outside.

My parents and I are currently working through a bug - they caught it from my niece and nephew and I caught it from them. It's definitely been rough. I've had it a little over a week and still feel pretty rotten. It's not the worst cold I've had though so I don't know if I can really blame all the masking, it's just little kid germs can be brutal. I lived with a friend for a year and she worked in a preschool; I have never been sicker than I was that year. We were always down with something and I ended up with pneumonia once. That was a few years pre-covid too. I'm just hoping to stay on top of this current thing.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I quit wearing a mask unless I'm with a client who feels more comfortable that I do...I only have 2 clients that I need to wear one for. I also quit wearing a mask everywhere else. I'm not against it or anything, I'll wear one no problem if it's requested from me. I will be courteous to those who still wear them (which is not many people) and keep my distance from them....I actually have always kept my distance from most people anyway...I like my personal bubble.
I work with the public, I have started my extra curricular activities again and we've had many family gatherings and even a large wedding....I still have not been sick since March 2020. Not trying to downplay anything...I'm just surprised and a little confused as to why I've not been sick....with anything...not even a dinky little cold! Either I'm just lucky, asymptomatic or I've become a superhero. LOL! I choose superhero! 🦸‍♀️ :lol:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either I'm just lucky, asymptomatic or I've become a superhero. LOL! I choose superhero! 🦸‍♀️ :lol:
Well.......I'm not a superhero.:sigh: ;)
I ended up getting a cold about 3 weeks ago, then a week into getting better from that, my husband got Covid and gave it to me.
I'm on day 8 of symptom onset so still recovering from covid and it hasn't been bad. The cold I had earlier, although it was a much shorter duration, had worse symptoms. But I'm getting annoyed with the lingering symptoms. I still have sinusitis and a bit of a cough from post nasal drip. How much of my lingering symptoms are simply because I wasn't FULLY recovered from the cold and/or my already existing allergies ? IDK...but I'm just waiting for the day that I can take a nice non obstructed breath with my mouth closed. I mean, I can still breath with my mouth closed, but it's definitely restricted. I didn't really suffer much with severe fatigue, but my endurance isn't the greatest either right now.