Cornbread - Yay or Nay?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best cornbread I ever had was at Kenny Rogers Roasters (gone but not forgotten). Otherwise I can pretty much take it or leave it.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Cornbread is a local favorite. The local barbecue place has hush puppies, which are small pieces of fried cornbread. The local cafeteria sells Mexican cornbread, with bacon, corn kernels and jalapeños. Cornbread is a favorite with chili and also with pinto beans. And, yes, I'm pretty fond of it!

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s a wonderful comfort food, perfect in place of bread at a lot of meals, great as a snack or for breakfast. I don’t care for most mixes though, which are more cake like.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not know if I have had any " real" cornbread. I have had cornbread muffins, which I really like.. Warmed with real butter... YUM!!!

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Totally a yay, but some is better than others.

Corn bread is ok but some are definitely better than others. I've had some that are too sugary with a hard sugar topping on top too boot. Then there are the ones that are some combination of too dry, too dense, too bland.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cornbread is awesome, especially with chili or my baked beans (I have a recipe that calls for 5 different baked beans, prepared in a crockpot, it can be a side dish for a cookout; with cornbread it becomes a meal). I have an old cast iron skillet that belonged to my great grandmother that I prepare the cornbread in.