Corals first night and morning.

MT Coral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So last night was wonderful! I adopted the best cat in the world... ok maybe the best for me. I know all your babies rule! I'm a little worried still. We were up most of the night watching eachother. The minute I woke up she jumped on me and smoothed her face all over mine. Super sweet. She did poop in the box but still no pee. I'm worried. I gave her breakfast and she puked it up. Should I take her to the ER OR wait until our visit on monday?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I would check around your house, just in case she peed elsewhere. Also, are you feeding her what she was eating before you got her? A sudden change in food could possibly cause her to throw up. Did she throw up immediately afterward, or later - as in semi-digested? How is she behaving now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MT Coral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I would check around your house, just in case she peed elsewhere. Also, are you feeding her what she was eating before you got her? A sudden change in food could possibly cause her to throw up. Did she throw up immediately afterward, or later - as in semi-digested? How is she behaving now?
I checked the entire house. No pee. I've been feeding her what she has been eating but gave her a can of fancy feast. She licked the gravy and puked that up. She is now napping on het cat tree.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's probably a little stressed out. This is all new to her and she's reacting. Give her a week to get used to you. My Mingo was stressed at first, too, and responded with diarrhea.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would watch her drinking and forgo the FF for now. Let her settle in your home first. Is she eating canned or dry food? If dry food, try and entice her to drink some water, by adding some extra bowls in the house. If canned, it is not as much of a worry, but consider at least calling the vet if she hasn't peed by tomorrow.

If you can, you might contact who you adopted her from and ask about her peeing habits. You might also want to add another litter box, just to see if she might be one of those cats who doesn't like to pee and poop in the same box. How old is this girl?

MT Coral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would watch her drinking and forgo the FF for now. Let her settle in your home first. Is she eating canned or dry food? If dry food, try and entice her to drink some water, by adding some extra bowls in the house. If canned, it is not as much of a worry, but consider at least calling the vet if she hasn't peed by tomorrow.

If you can, you might contact who you adopted her from and ask about her peeing habits. You might also want to add another litter box, just to see if she might be one of those cats who doesn't like to pee and poop in the same box. How old is this girl?
I just adopted her from animal control. They didn't have much info on her. I called the vet who vaccinated her and they wernt overly concerned. They said to watch her. I have a well check on Tuesday with them. Thank you. No more FF.

MT Coral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
******Update******* I gave her reduced sodium canned chicken water mixed with water. She drank an entire cup and went pee an hour later in her box. Yay! Thank you for all your great advice and kind welcome!

MT Coral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OMG, her personality is coming out. She is a Queen Diva! Lmbo. She is still incrediblly sweet. However, after 3 days she is very demanding. Every morning she goes into the kitchen and demands wet food and doesn't stop screaming until she gets what she wants. She always wins! Her stomach and box issues went away over night. She's playing and cuddling a ton. I built her a perch next to my fish tank and she will watch for hours at a time. She's just purrfect!

Akittytoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, so glad she is okay! Thanks for the picture of Queen Diva, she is lovely.