Cooling pad?

kittycats74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The weather as we all know is gettting pretty hot... I was wondering if there was something like a cooling pad I could use so my kitty doesn't get so hot.. since she has to stay in the garage now that she is shedding........

kittylea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well Cats usually hunt down cooler spots just fine by themselves. They know what they want/need. From my own experiances garage floors are already quite cool. But i have never hear of a cooling pad. You could look around at different materials and make a bed/pad by yourself.

Goodluck

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittycats74

The weather as we all know is gettting pretty hot... I was wondering if there was something like a cooling pad I could use so my kitty doesn't get so hot.. since she has to stay in the garage now that she is shedding........
Where in california do you live? I live in MOdesto and the garage here is way too hot for a cat. Can you shave your cat so she can come into the house?

They do make a cooler bed = small for cats and big for dogs but I am not sure if it really does any good! It is blue (petsmart carries it I believe) and you fill it with warm or with cold water and it has something inside that gets wet like washcloths do and keeps the water in. I think it is just called a cooler bed.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't think you have to worry about your cat getting too hot. Cats originated in Africa. I think they know how to deal with the heat!!