Cool Whip!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
It's often called Watergate Salad here, too. I've sometimes thought of putting well-drained halved or quartered maraschino cherries in it but I haven't tried it.

I make the cherry yum-yum fairly often and it's delicious. Do crisp the nuts if possible.

A friend cuts bananas into 1 1/2" pieces, rolls them in Cool Whip, and then rolls them in either nuts or coconut. Sometimes she freezes them and sometimes she just serves them well-chilled.

Enjoy!

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend cuts bananas into 1 1/2" pieces, rolls them in Cool Whip, and then rolls them in either nuts or coconut. Sometimes she freezes them and sometimes she just serves them well-chilled.
Oh I'm definitely going to make this! I love bananas and coconut.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We use two large boxes of Jell-O. One box just leaves you frustrated and wanting more. A food processor might chop it too finely. It may also generate too much heat and melt the Jell-O. You can push it through a colander or break it up with a couple of forks. The latter seems to take forever, though.

We've considered other flavors of Jell-O, but we can't think of any that would have enough flavor. Perhaps cherry, but I think raspberry wouldn't taste right. The same with blueberry. I've wondered if orange would taste like a dreamsickle. You might have to add a bit of orange flavoring or some Tang to make it strong enough. The thought of using grape is totally off-putting.

Warning, a big bowl full isn't enough. It's better after it chills but we usually don't have the strength to wait for the first taste.

Let me know how you like it and if you try other flavors.

I have a couple other recipes that are just a tad more work but are also delicious. Let me know if you'd like them.
I wonder how it would be mixing flavors of Jell-o like strawberry and raspberry or raspberry and cherry. That sounds pretty good. :think:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love leading people astray!
:thumbsup:
The Cherry Yum-Yum (I simply LOVE the name LOL) was a complete success as in WOW!, was a really appreciated surprise since anything cherry-related doesn't happen in this house, and it appears it has even inspired a nap :p :cloud9: :yummy:

Oh, and you weren't kidding. I'm the cherry un-fan, and I had a hard time keeping my spoon out of the bowl as I was trying to wrap it up to put in the fridge :lol: