Cookies

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there is some issue with either pathway or session Cookies today? I keep having to re- Log In for basically every page or every action I visit (like, I had to log in again just to start this thread, and when I was trying to post photos a bit ago, I had to log in several times even during the Uploading process).

As a normal matter of course, I do not tick the box "Stay Logged In" when I first visit the site -- however, I rarely have this sort of problem.

:headscratch: Could someone see if it might be a Cookie issue?

Thank you!

edit: lol, I even had to log in again when I tried to post this message!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We're on it..:)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sounds like a real pain! So sorry this is happening. We don't have reports from other members about this though so I wonder if it's browser related. Can you please let me know which browser and OS you're using? If it's not too much trouble, can you maybe test with a different browser too? Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just woke up for the new day -- I will try using a different browser this morning once I have some coffee.
:yawn:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just woke up for the new day -- I will try using a different browser this morning once I have some coffee.
:yawn:
Good morning!

And just to make sure - you do have the "stay logged in" box ticked, right?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't have that box ticked, and I normally don't... and that has usually given me no problems.
But yesterday I was getting logged off all the time.

The only time I had these sorts of issues was back when others were also having them, when the platform switchover occurred... at that time, you guys did something on your end (?) and it seemed to work again for everyone, whether they had ticked the "stay logged in box" or not.
Resolved - Having Issues Logging On
(Back then I temporarily had to click that box, but you guys fixed things so that I could go back to having it unticked all the time, per my usual.)

Anyway, I am trying a different browser right now but have not yet tried to post or upload a photo, so I cannot give a new update for you just yet. :oops:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Any particular reason to keep it ticked?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think before I'd attempt to answer that, I might ask if you or a tech has recently made a change of tying in third party cookies and/or session cookies with the authentication cookie(s) used when a member logs in? Or put a time limit on the login cookie(s)?

I do disable third party cookies and tracking, and I often clear my cookie cache, but I do this on all my browsers and haven't had this logging in issue on Firefox prior to the last day or so.

However, the issue could be that my FF is an older version. (??) Because I am having no apparent issues with getting logged off this morning while I am using another newer, browser (and this other browser also has third party cookies and tracking turned off).

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I can't really answer the first question here for various reasons. We've had no other complaints about cookies, so I would try updating to a more current version of Firefox or using a different browser. :)

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I will try using a different browser for this site as of today :)
Thank you Anne

edit:
I can't really answer the first question here for various reasons. We've had no other complaints about cookies, so I would try updating to a more current version of Firefox or using a different browser. :)
I understand the reasons now, upon reflection:doh:
No worries. If I still have issues even w/ new browser, I'll need to set up a Cookie exception rule for TCS
:agree:
Thanks again!

Last edited: