Cookie wants a DNA test because... she's different.

CookieNDA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So when I first got Kitty, the first thing I noticed was the large rosette pattern on each side of her belly.

Snapchat-1190909621.jpg
This was her the other day (she's 3.5 almost 4 months)
Also, she's very elegant and graceful.
IMG_20210214_224944_378.jpg
With very distinctive markings on her face, front legs, and forehead.
IMG_20210214_152417.jpg
She now has two rosettes on her side, and has little black leopard looking patches on her haunches. And look at her size! In comparison, this was her at the beginning of last month...
IMG_20210117_093419_287.jpg
Screenshot_20210220-171625.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CookieNDA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oops hit send to soon. Anyway, she's extremely vocal (when she's alone and wants attention she sounds like a peacock. No joke.) My brothers keep seeing pictures of her and tell me she looks wild so I don't know what's going on. She's already about 16 to 18 inches from nose to butt, and nine inches to her shoulder from her paw. Again, not sure of her birthday, but she's almost four months old to the best of my knowledge.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a very pretty girl!

I would describe your cat as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. The large swirling patterns on her sides are known as "bullseyes" and are part of the classic tabby pattern. ("Rosette" refers to a different type of tabby pattern. I'm not seeing rosettes on your cat.)

Classic tabby, also known as "blotched tabby," is one of the oldest mutations known in the domestic cat. The gene that produces the classic tabby pattern has been found in feline DNA from many centuries ago. Ancient people must have thought this pattern was eye-catching also, which is why the pattern became widespread in feline populations all over the world.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and also aren't "mixes" of breeds, unlike dogs. That doesn't make them any less pretty or special, however! Your kitten is lovely :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That said, you can of course make a DNA test of your pretty girl., if you wish. Its not even very costly. These done by UC Davis has the best reputation of the commercial done tests.

Aglaya Felipe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So when I first got Kitty, the first thing I noticed was the large rosette pattern on each side of her belly.

View attachment 370787
This was her the other day (she's 3.5 almost 4 months)
Also, she's very elegant and graceful.
View attachment 370788
With very distinctive markings on her face, front legs, and forehead.
View attachment 370789
She now has two rosettes on her side, and has little black leopard looking patches on her haunches. And look at her size! In comparison, this was her at the beginning of last month...
View attachment 370790
View attachment 370791
She's SO pretty, OMG my heart!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CookieNDA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's SO pretty, OMG my heart!
She really is! Her eyes started blue and now they're green. She's grown another inch long and is set up for her first doctor appointment this month! Right now she's standing on her back legs attacking a piece of toilet paper in her front paws haha! She also loves to sit on the back of chairs and wrap her front paws around my arm and bite into my sweater. I usually scoop her up by her tummy when she does that so she doesn't hurt my arm haha