Cookie Needs a Temporary Home

CookieNDA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, lovelies. I don't know if this belongs here, but I have been searching for a place for Cookie to live while I am in Basic Training for the National Guard. I don't want to give her away. I want to come back home to her. I live in the Raleigh-Durham area of NC and was wondering if anybody is willing to keep her until May of next year. I leave for training in four weeks and will not be back until then.

She still isn't spayed (I wanted to keep breeding an option because she's so pretty but if you need her to be spayed, I'm sure I can figure something out). Honestly, because she's an indoor cat and it's just her, she has no vaccinations yet, either. Right now I'm working with no car (I was in an accident a month ago) and no income (lack of car + waiting for military orders) so I haven't been able to do these things.

Like I said, I would come back for her, and I would gladly reimburse for any bills spent on her! She does currently have a bit of cloudiness in her right eye which is being carefully watched by me. If she ends up needing a vet visit for that or a procedure, I will also reimburse for that, I would just need receipts kept!

I love her so much, guys, and I don't want to have to give her away!
cookie.PNG

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Foster Military Dogs During Deployment: 4 Companies Who Can Help
Military Foster Program - PACT for Animals

These are two listings I found when I googled "fostering pets of military personnel". There were others also listed so I am not saying that these are the best or even that I know anything about them.

You are not looking for a rescue, although some local rescues may know about fostering or even be able to help. You are not trying to rehome her and are willing to pay for her upkeep, so those are positive talking points.

You might try nextdoor.com which will connect you with people locally who might be able to help. It will require a lot of screening to make sure that she stays with the right people, so start now in your search.

Pet sitters are another option. They more than likely charge by the day to pet sit, but you might be able to work out an agreement with them since you will be gone for several months.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
fionasmom fionasmom beat me to it! What I've seen from both of these groups is very good, and they specialize in fostering for military in basic, or on deployment. They'd both be good groups to have a working relationship with!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CookieNDA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! I put a request into PACT and I will let you know how it goes! Prayers for my little kitty's placement are greatly appreciated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CookieNDA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for prayers and well wishes! Cookie has found a home (actually with a coworker of my bestfriend who lives in Georgia! They're making the trip all the way up to North Carolina!) I think she's going to be super happy with her!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they all beat me to replying and I am so glad they did and to hear you found a good person to be a guardian for you! She is a beauty and it’s great that you love her so much. I know she will enjoy visiting here. Good for you for joining the National Guard!! :clap2::goldstar:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good grief! I missed where you live! We're practically neighbors. I'm in Havelock, and my back door practically looks out on Cherry Point Marine Air Base (just a hair over a quarter-mile away).