Cookie kittens thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was originally going to keep Cookie but after seeing her intense fear of my puppy I have thought better of it. I decided I would hate to watch her spend her life afraid to leave a corner, even it means she can't spend that life with me. I can't give up all of them though so I think I am going to keep the all black boy. It's a toss between him and the black and white girl, but I think my neighbor is probably going to take her. My best friend is also going to take one (assuming she gets the apartment she applied for).

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since the van is a female - then Minnie Mouse would be an excellant name

I met Mickey Mouse - black/white cornish rex with the head of Mickey on his side

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by help!

I was originally going to keep Cookie but after seeing her intense fear of my puppy I have thought better of it. I decided I would hate to watch her spend her life afraid to leave a corner, even it means she can't spend that life with me. I can't give up all of them though so I think I am going to keep the all black boy. It's a toss between him and the black and white girl, but I think my neighbor is probably going to take her. My best friend is also going to take one (assuming she gets the apartment she applied for).
You know, when mine were born, I thought immediately I'd know which ones I wanted to keep based on looks, but as their personalities develop, you DEFINITELY bond more with some than others, or just bond differently!!

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I already have homes for a couple of them though so I HAD to pick fast. They are going pretty quickly and now I already have my little boy set aside for ME.

danad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mamma & her babies are all beautiful, such miracles they all are

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The babies are a week old and today and they are all doing splendidly! The all black boy has is eyes completely open (when I left for work this morning they were only open in the corners) and the black and white girl, the smallest of the bunch, is just barely beginning to open hers.

I couldn't get any good pictures so hopefully I will be able to update those soon as well!

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, all the kittens are starting to open their eyes (a couple are completely opened already) so I just finished clipping all of their nails with a pair of baby clippers. Cookie laid on the pillowcase and nursed them one at a time to help pacify them while I clipped (she was a very good sport about all their screaming!). Boy, did they scream and WIGGLE! Of course I expected both of those things! One of my little black and white boys just laid there and let me clip his nails though. He even curled up in the ridge of the hand I was holding his paw with and fell asleep, purring (they are learning that already now too!) . The all black boy didn't make a sound either but he did squirm quite a bit!

I just wanted to share the new milestones!

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All of the kittens are doing great! They will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and are getting around VERY well already! They are very aware of their surroundings and I'm beginning to see which are more independent!

All black boy. He is beginning to respond to my voice and will actually crawl towards me when I walk in the room!

Ritzie. This little girl has been adopted and will be joining her new family in another 10 weeks or so!

Black and White Girl. She is very vocal and also the smallest of the litter!

Simba. I call him this because the white goes all the way around his neck, almost like a mane.

Black and White Boy. This baby is HUGE! He will actually crawl towards me and into my hand as well. (What could be the reason for the spots around his nose?)

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have some pictures of the whole family. The kittens have gotten pretty active and are starting to play with one another. They are also very aware now and I love walking into the bathroom and having a couple of them walk over to me!

Everybody:

The all back boy is still down low nursing:

Happy Momma:

The Tabby (?) Markings All but the White Have (This guy, Simba, has the most. The others' stripes are mostly on their heads):

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed most of this thread but am on here DAILY!! Your kittens really have grown. Isn't it amazing how quickly they advance through development.

Keep it coming!!!

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My other little girl has found a home today! She will love it there (when she is old enough). They will be 4 weeks old on Wednesday and have a couple teeth already. Should I go ahead and start weaning them?

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet suggested I introduce them to dry food at 3 weeks. They are now 5 weeks today and eat it quite happily. At first they would just smell it and crowd around Ziggy when she was eating it