Conversations that could only happen in a cat household

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Prompted by a snippet of conversation between me and DH on our way to the ferry the other week...

At Ferry toll booth:

Him: Why is there cat hair in my wallet?
Me: Why should your wallet be different from every other part of your life?

How many times do you find yourself chuckling about some comment or exchange, because you're thinking at the same time, "Only in a house run by cats!
" ?

What are yours?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NO No Zoey Mommy really can cook without your supervision

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me: No, no, we can't put the bed over there. Then Zissou won't be able to get down from the window!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, the cat wasn't in your food. She was sitting on the table & your food was in her way, so she put her bum on it.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Don't get up--just slide over in the chair so you don't lose your seat"

"What can we do to keep them from running over the crock pot?"

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Daughter: Why are you sitting on the floor?
Me: Because Bijou is asleep in my chair and I don't want to disturb him.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Living with cats, I declare that I will never have a normal phone conversation ever again. Case in point:

On a recent phone call to a customer service representative, I was asked to "hold while my account was accessed", which I agreed to do. So, while I thought I was on hold, I noticed that George was walking down my Ranch-O-Rama Bowling Alley-style hardwood hallway with his big blue nose shoved way too far up Lex's patootie. So, I said loudly, "GEORGE! Get your nose out of your mother's butt this instant!!".

On the other end of the phone, I hear a shocked gasp and then gales of laughter. I proceeded to try to explain that I was talking to my CATS and that I knew how absolutely horrible that must have sounded ... all to no avail. This woman was cracking up, had lost all control and wasn't gonna recover from it. She quickly put me on REAL hold whereupon a different customer service rep took over my call, ostensibly to allow the first one to get a grip on herself before she took another call.

Knowing friends and family members who work at call centers, I know that all of you folks have that one "special" call of the day ... the memorable ones who for some reason stick in your mind over all the others. My guess is that for that woman, I was her "special" call of that day. *smile*

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, you cannot sleep with your butt in my face.
or my personal favorite
Which one of you little hairballs crapped in the tub? You can still use the litterbox, even if if it raining and you can't go in the bushes.

Ever since we started the supervised outside visits, they think they have to "go" outside. Cuts down on litter use, but it is kind of a pain in the neck sometimes. 1 or 2 of them have started using the tub sometimes, and somebody can hit the toilet occasionally. I wish I knew who was doing what.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dad: Why haven't you finished your toast?
Me: Tilly stole it when I got up to get a drink and she's licked all the marmite off.

(And if that wasn't bad enough she'd started to play with (shred) it. I had to distract her with a ping pong ball before she'd let it go.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, good one, Gaye!!

Good chuckles, everyone. I knew there would be material...

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
in a cat household you let your kitty eat off your fork but would throw up if you saw someone eat after their little kid. or at least i would LOL

last nite: chloe petrified poo is not a toy!

also last nite: (me) only i could blow my nose and get enough fur to make another kitty.
(mom) GROSS
(me) wanna see?
(mom) NO
(me) ew its caught on my nose ring

chloe you cannot dig to china in the litterbox, im pretty sure you can stop now (ironically my cousin and i used to try to dig to china in the backyard and boy would my grandpa get MAD)

mom_to_four

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me: My back hurts today.
Hubby: Why?
Me: Because Cubby was laying up against my back last night and I couldn't move him.
Hubby: Why?
Me: He is to cute and he looked comfy..
Hubby: *rollseyes*

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Girl friend: Baby you look like crap today, didn't you sleep last night
Me: Yes but only for a few hours and in the same position
Girl Friend: Why didn't you move
Me: Tom took up the rest of the bed
Girl Friend: Why...how...I don't want to know
Me: *laughs*

"No Tom that bag of chips is not a toy"...he really needs to learn this one, I am so tired of finding shredded bags of chips.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
one that I had just last week: Antigone! Why do you always manage to puke RIGHT IN MY SHOE!!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

one that I had just last week: Antigone! Why do you always manage to puke RIGHT IN MY SHOE!!!!
what, you didn't appreciate her excellent aim? mine can be in an acceptable spot [i have wall-to-wall linoleum] & they'll
to where a piece of clothing has fallen, or a book, or a shoe, in order to puke in it!

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Daughter: Why are you sitting on the floor?
Me: Because Bijou is asleep in my chair and I don't want to disturb him.
I've had that conversation with both my boyfriend and my mom.