Convenia side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catlover1955

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the insight and knowledge. My buddy Cosmo went to the Vet for a wellness check two days ago, while there we were told that he had some wheezing/crackling so they provided him with a Covenia and steroid shot. Within 25 minutes my beautiful Cosmo passed away upon returning home. Could this potentially of lead to my cats passing? We are still in shock and grieving. He was a tremendous 11 year old cat
I am so sorry for the loss of your cat. Yes I truly believe that that is what caused her demise. I don't understand what's wrong with veterinarians you can't combine different products why do they do that. It's a known fact from trial and error of this poisonous antibiotic, that it causes heart murmurs, anemia, asphyxiation and even neurological problems. And they still want to say that it's rare side effects. It is not. I have read so many horror stories even on YouTube you can look up Covenia, a few people, one had a cat one had a dog that both died from that. Plus I've read so many stories with the same problems after the fact. Their dog or cat died. I mean what's it going to take like I said previously on another response there needs to be a class action lawsuit. I contacted an animal legal fund and told them my story that was Saturday. They actually got back with me this morning early because it's pro bono and I told her the whole story and that I most certainly believe that Sheba died from that antibiotic because once they're given that shot they can't take it back they cannot give anything to counteract it but if you give pills and you give so many a day for so many days, if there's any kind of reactions you can stop giving it to them and then it'll get out of their system. This is why I don't agree with this form of treatment it is deadly, PERIOD!!!
If you want I can give you the name of this animal legal fund. Or we need to just start finding all these people that lost their animals and find a lawyer that will fight for us for a class action lawsuit because these veterinarians and the manufacturers of this drug are killing animals for profit. You see when they buy this Covenia, they buy it in bulk so they're getting a really good deal on it. They charged me $140 for that shot to kill my cat plus $50 for the exam and then another what was it $80 for the subcutaneous fluids.
But bottom line is I'd rather have my cat no amount of money can make up for her dying the way she did. It was horrendous. She acted like a zombie she just laid in her bed. She'd cry out to me, her pupils were so dilated it was just horrible and within the four days, I slowly watched her die no matter what I did I couldn't help her. I'm a heartbroken. I am devastated.

Ctriggs5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of your cat. Yes I truly believe that that is what caused her demise. I don't understand what's wrong with veterinarians you can't combine different products why do they do that. It's a known fact from trial and error of this poisonous antibiotic, that it causes heart murmurs, anemia, asphyxiation and even neurological problems. And they still want to say that it's rare side effects. It is not. I have read so many horror stories even on YouTube you can look up Covenia, a few people, one had a cat one had a dog that both died from that. Plus I've read so many stories with the same problems after the fact. Their dog or cat died. I mean what's it going to take like I said previously on another response there needs to be a class action lawsuit. I contacted an animal legal fund and told them my story that was Saturday. They actually got back with me this morning early because it's pro bono and I told her the whole story and that I most certainly believe that Sheba died from that antibiotic because once they're given that shot they can't take it back they cannot give anything to counteract it but if you give pills and you give so many a day for so many days, if there's any kind of reactions you can stop giving it to them and then it'll get out of their system. This is why I don't agree with this form of treatment it is deadly, PERIOD!!!
If you want I can give you the name of this animal legal fund. Or we need to just start finding all these people that lost their animals and find a lawyer that will fight for us for a class action lawsuit because these veterinarians and the manufacturers of this drug are killing animals for profit. You see when they buy this Covenia, they buy it in bulk so they're getting a really good deal on it. They charged me $140 for that shot to kill my cat plus $50 for the exam and then another what was it $80 for the subcutaneous fluids.
But bottom line is I'd rather have my cat no amount of money can make up for her dying the way she did. It was horrendous. She acted like a zombie she just laid in her bed. She'd cry out to me, her pupils were so dilated it was just horrible and within the four days, I slowly watched her die no matter what I did I couldn't help her. I'm a heartbroken. I am devastated.
I am sorry for your loss. This has been incredibly difficult for me and my family. Our cats have been family for many years. I feel like my little buddies life was cut short. Unfortunately We can’t change what occurred but it hurts the unknown and possibility of what contributed to his death. People look at us like we are crazy, but I can truly say that I am at peace that we like so many in here provided such a loving and great home.

Catlover1955

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss. This has been incredibly difficult for me and my family. Our cats have been family for many years. I feel like my little buddies life was cut short. Unfortunately We can’t change what occurred but it hurts the unknown and possibility of what contributed to his death. People look at us like we are crazy, but I can truly say that I am at peace that we like so many in here provided such a loving and great home.
We'll see if we had the money to be able to have a autopsy done then that would show that this did happen this drug was the cause of it I am convinced without a shadow of a doubt. It's too coincidental. I'm sorry no nothing will bring our beautiful pets back but somebody has to pay. I am not going to stop. Don't you want Justice for your animals? If you want to let it be that's your decision but like I said I contacted an animal legal fund and they got right back with me now if I didn't have a case I would think they just say well I'm sorry but I can't help you but they didn't do that so I think that they believe that there is a case here.

Catlover1955

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm watching a woman right now who had to go to the emergency room three times with her dog and she stated they prescribed these medicines and they don't even know the horrible side effects that they cause. This is back in 2017. You see what I'm saying why isn't anything being done we're now in 2022 who knows how long it's been going on. It's killing for profit. I'm sorry but don't you think your animals are worth fighting for? I do!!!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am very sorry for the loss of both of these cats. When cats pass on, we lock the thread about of respect. C Catlover1955 You are welcome to post a memorial tribute to your cat in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

C Ctriggs5 your thread in Cosmo's memory will remain open for you to continue to post as you would like

Crossing the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.