Continuous Vomiting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shameem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Royal Canin canned food is slowly returning stock.. I am talking about the prescription one

I know it is almost impossible, but try to find a food that does not contain chicken and she how that goes...

My gut feeling is allergies are developed by eating the same food over and over again.. in addition to all the junk in the eco system...
Yes I'll try my best to find these special kinds of food, otherwise I'll use the forwarding shipping service from the US

I guess I'll try the freeze dried rabbit and see how it goes. Hope she likes it.

Shameem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think it would be cancer as you say this has been going on on-and-off for 2 years, and she even keeps her weight normal. It could still be IBD or IBS and ultrasound could help to diagnose IBD. IBS is more short-lived as a problem and could be triggered by things like stress alone, so if things are OK on the day of the ultrasound, it can't be seen. If not for the time being, for the future I suggest looking at the nearest clinics with an internist or at least a vet who is good at ultrasound reading.

I read you use a hairball remedy (daily?) and probiotics, is she a long-haired kitty? Or does she shed too much sometimes? Brushing daily can help. They don't always puke a hairball when there is a hairball-related problem. Sometimes hairballs just slow down things moving down in the body, causing constipation or hard stools, and make them nauseous.

It's not difficult for the digestive system to face more than one problem at a time. I suspect she may have a chronic condition, that gets worsen sometimes by a secondary and maybe even third problem. Like I myself have IBS, I'm also lactose intolerant. I can handle some lactose on a good day with very mild symptoms but if I have a second issue that day, I get visible symptoms.

Also about food, my cat has several different grain intolerances one being wheat. Even some hypoallergenic foods contain one of the grains she can't tolerate as hypoallergenic foods are usually made with the assumption the problem was with meat (protein). Hydrolized protein diets are worth to try but they don't work for every cat and their food intolerances. I suggest an elimination diet.
Thanks for the info!

She's a long haired cat, and yes I give her the hairball paste daily. I don't think it's a hairball issue as her stools are now more on the soft side with this paste. I do brush her hair, also trying to shave it gradually as we're going into summer.

I am trying to reach out to the vet now and ask her to check (or if she already checked) for IBD.

Regarding the food, then I think the best option is freeze dried rabbit food. I will try hypoallergenic though first if readily available here.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried a probiotic? You can either pill her to add it to her wet food.
That may help.

Shameem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried a probiotic? You can either pill her to add it to her wet food.
That may help.
Yes I have been giving her daily since the last cycle of vomit with water (Slightly over a month now). It seems Nexium is the only thing that helps her vomit stops. Now I hope we can find the underlying cause, this thread has been very helpful into narrowing down to food allergy or IBD

Sevilay28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We went through very similar things. What is the latest status? Have you been diagnosed?