Contemplating Another Cat

oldgloryrags88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took some time off after my sweet Hobie (a 20 year old Maine Coon) had died, and I know it is still very early, but I already feel like I am getting closer to wanting to love another cat...

Again, though I do not want just "any" cat. I do not seek a cute kitten, a playful young cat, or a "perfect" one. I want the one that everyone thinks will not stand a chance at being adopted; old, sick, raggedy, angry, abused, neglected, etc. I just LOVE seeing them transform from a "no one will adopt that" to a "whoa...is that the same cat?! ". :redheartpump:

My Baloo (an abused 5 year old Ragdoll), my Angel (a neglected 12 year old blind Persian), and my Hobie (a 19 year old vegan fed malnourished cat) have taught me a thing or two about life, and how even the most helpless situations can be transformed into love, care, guidance, and support.
So...yeah, I'm sold on leaving the "best" ones for others:redheartpump:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for caring for these precious kitties! Cats give us so much love, no matter their health issues or where they came from, and it’s so important to the cat community that we have people like you who can welcome kitties into their home, that others may have overlooked. :hearthrob:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
You are one of a kind. I am sure your precious Hobie is smiling down on you from kitty heaven.

I hope you find the oldest, sickest, raggedy, angriest, abused, neglected cat soon and transform it into the happiest, healthiest, silliest cat as it deserves. And thank you in advance for even contemplating on this.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All that matters is that youre ready. Grief is very individual, and i dont care if you adopt 5 days afyer losing a cat, because afopting a new cat does not mean you stopped grieving for the old one-it just means you have love to give and want to save a life, and theres nothing wrong with that.

Ps-when i get a friend for my Honeybunny i want to do the same thing-get an older cat or just one thats less adoptable for whatever reason.