Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Contamination In Foods

Discussion in 'Cat Nutrition' started by mrw5641, Mar 14, 2019.

1. mrw5641

mrw5641 Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Mar 22, 2017
    Hi all --
    I am as some of you may know my cat is on d/d and I saw a blue buffalo LID diet which has different ingredients than his original food which is the reason he is on d/d..

His original food had whole grain wheat, corn gluten meal and wheat gluten, and the only same ingredient in the BB food is "chicken meal"

So my question is, how much cross contamination is there really BB LID foods?

2. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Cat Fan especially Black Cats Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Hi!
    I'm not sure I understand the question - are you concerned that the foods are made on the same machines in the same manufacturing plant and that there's cross contamination occurring? I think you could ask the company and they'd be able to tell you.

3. mrw5641

mrw5641 Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Mar 22, 2017
    Hi @Furballsmom yes that what I was asking...

Diet food (d/d) for example is made on another "plant line" where as lid shares the same "plant line" as regular food

Furballsmom purraised this.

4. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Cat Fan especially Black Cats Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    So, yes I think if you contact BB and explain your concerns (and where you're located in case that might make a difference), they should be able to tell you.
    Let us know what you find out, because I'm guessing there are others would could benefit :)