Constipated cat! HELP!!!

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Sheba! I do remember her from another thread now but I don't recall her health worries at that time. Something digestive, I think. She's gorgeous. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes, she has throwing up problems. food allergies. a year ago, her main concerned was that. now that i got that somewhat figured out, she now has a new problem. we just love our furbabies and do whatever it takes to keep them healthy :winkcat:

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor muffin! Her appointment was today, is that right? How did she get on?

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
was able to get a ride from someone instread. i dropped her off at 12:10pm. it is now 4:50 and they still have done anything! shes still in her carrier. they called me 2 hours ago saying they were gonna sedate her before getting her out of the carrier. and they still havent done that!! 😡. at 2 hour mark, that was fine. but now at nearly 5 hours and no process yet now im pissed.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you were able to get a ride.
Oh dear! That does sound like a long time. Do they also take emergencies? Must be something very urgent came up? I hope she is attended to and home soon! <3

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes, i took her through emergency so i get the have other patients. but i feel they could at least done the sedation and xray by now. but nothing. poor baby hasnt eaten all day

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
after 10 hours, finally got to take home my cat. xrays were not needed. she pooped before they took her for xrays. they recommended vetasyl and/or cipapride if constipation comes back.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really glad she's OK, and that she finally pooped on her own. Good to hear you're home safely, and that you have an action plan for the future if you need it (though I very much hope you won't). Such a long day for you both.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my that is a long time! Sorry it took so long. :(

Glad to hear you're both home again though! And I'm hoping you see improvement. My cat recently started on Cisapride because her digestive system wasn't moving as it should. At first we saw great improvement, but we only had the meds for one week. When she went off it for a week, she declined (and then needed an enema) so she is back on it again now. I hope you don't need meds for her, but if you do, they may be very helpful.

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she has not gone poop in these past 3 days since she has come home :frustrated:
last night i tried vetasyl. she would not take it. i tried half a pill this morning with wet food, still wouldnt. then i tried the tiniest sprinkle. finally ate it. if vetasyl works then its gonna take a while if i can only give her the smallest amount at a time. fingers cross! 🤞
next step would be cisapride.