constant meowing

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know what it is but our cat is meowing for attention for hours. She has her toys and she gets plenty of attention. Is there a way to stop this behavior. It is getting annoying.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
C Catmom1234567890
Hi,

How old is she and how many meals does she get per day? it might be she is hungry.
Wet food that is high in animal protein tends to be more filling for cats than carb heavy food or food high in plant protein.

My cats prefer to to play with toys with me in an interactive way. If toys are left about it is not as interesting to cats. Wand toys like the 'Da Bird' are popular here.
I mix up toys as well so the same are not out all the time. Cat nip toys are put away and brought out later, it makes them seem fresh.
If an only cat and an indoor cat she could be bored.

Is she of a breed that tends to be more vocal like Siamese?

Some cats and cat breeds do better in pairs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is 3 and she eats twice a day, wet food. She meows like 2 hours after dinner from 8pm-midnight. She likes to sit infront of patio sliding door and watch outside. She meows between watching outdoors and walking around the house vocalizing for attention. She was not like this before so this is new behaviour. She is a ragdoll. Should we tell her to "shut up" whenever she starts vocalizing. We don't want to stress her out and lead to another behavioural issue.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don’t tell her to shut up. It won’t help at best and worst you could wind up with a fearful cat.

I would get her checked by the vet. Constant meowing can bea sign of hyperthyroid or kidney disease.