Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Congestive Heart Failure

Discussion in 'Cat Health' started by amandag1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. amandag1

amandag1 Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Oct 12, 2015
    yeah its so sad, last time his HR shot up to 250 (dont know how that is even possible) and RR was 80...?
    He has HCM but it is at advanced stage with 1 failure already :(

2. xenadanielle

xenadanielle TCS Member Kitten

Feb 15, 2014
    New Jerssey
    Thanks @Jem . I asked my vet already, and was disappointed that they did not suggest/offer anyone; the former office manager used to do at-home care but she left the practice when the original owner retired. I think I remember her last name though...maybe I can look for her online. My aforementioned friend asked her vet's office too and no luck. My husband will NOT do it. I love him and all but...no.

3. suh

suh TCS Member Kitten

Jul 13, 2017
    yeh, definitely, lasix injection is pretty good during emergency. I got the insulin syringe to use with the lasix, cause the needle is much much smaller and doesnt sting as much.

for both my cats, it was sudden. one of them threw a clot, the other's heart enlarged significantly in a very short period of time. but I think just treasure the time you have with them, don't think too much about when it's their time to go. just keep them happy for as long as you can!

Furballsmom purraised this.

4. xenadanielle

xenadanielle TCS Member Kitten

Feb 15, 2014
    New Jerssey
    Thanks @amandag1 - how is Louie doing BTW?

I will look on pet sitters, thanks for the suggestion. What would be awkward, though, is that my husband will be home while all this is going on! I wonder if they will wonder why the heck I need a pet sitter. LOL.

5. amandag1

amandag1 Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Oct 12, 2015
    that is funny, i had the SAME issue. I just told her straight up, Louie doesn't like him!
    Louie is okay, we are battling some days of low appetite. He does have a followup next week and I pray for better news.

6. Jem

Jem TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 6, 2018
    I just thought of something else. I have a friend that owns a kennel/animal grooming business. She has offered to help me out of I ever needed it. I know she is my friend but, if you can't find a sitter, maybe a kennel or grooming place has trustworthy staff who know how to pill a cat. At least with a kennel, they should know if they care for animals for long periods. You could contact them and ask if any of them would want to make some extra cash on the side?
    Also, maybe a local shelter or animal rescue group has staff or volunteers who would be willing to help you out if you make a donation to their organization?

7. CatLover49

CatLover49 My Precious Snowball Alpha Cat

Feb 8, 2018
    Reidsville NC
    Im so sorry for ure baby n u
    May God Be With Ure Baby...And he get better by the grace of God...Amen

Furballsmom purraised this.