Confused about newborn kittens

mykidsmther

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This morning my beautiful solid black mama gave birth to 3 adorable little beans. Both parents are solid black but, somehow we ended up with 2 black and 1 grey baby. To make things even more confusing all 3 babies have pink noses. I am completely bewildered, how did this happen?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
A strand of grey on one cat can make a difference. Are they pure bred or strays? My cat's mom was brown and her mate grey striped. Coco is brown white spots stripes no grey.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This morning my beautiful solid black mama gave birth to 3 adorable little beans. Both parents are solid black but, somehow we ended up with 2 black and 1 grey baby. To make things even more confusing all 3 babies have pink noses. I am completely bewildered, how did this happen?
Both parents are solid black, but both do also carry the recessive dilutations gene... So in average, 1 of four kittens will be grey / blue...

This kitten looks on one of the pics as a tabby, but its surely ghost striping.... There shouldnt be a true tabby in this batch, unless daddy got helped out by the janitor whom is a tabby... :)