Confused about kittys symptoms

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the good suggestions and information. My 17 year old kitty has ibd and diabetes and has been stable and slowly gaining weight. The scariest ibd symptom was very rapid weight loss. Now her glucose is not stable and she is losing weight. The problem is the ravenous eating and weight loss are symptoms of both ibd and diabetes. I don't recall her losing weight at any point when her glucose ways little high. It pains me to see her so ravenous and looking like she is losing weight. The vet wants to see if the weight loss stops when her glucose is stable. I am apoplectic because it reminds me of when she was first sick with Ibd and lost so much weight. I am thinking about asking the vet to go ahead and schedule the ultrasound. It has been well over a year. It could be a waste but I don't know what else to do. I don't see starting her on leukeron at this point. Plus she tends to nip.me when I pill her and look lick the sheet before she plops down.
I am sorry for going on. I get so scared because I can't tell what it is.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry that your kitty is unwell :< Have they tested her thyroid? Seems like the most logical thing before doing any expensive or invasive tests, given her symptoms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry that your kitty is unwell :< Have they tested her thyroid? Seems like the most logical thing before doing any expensive or invasive tests, given her symptoms.
Yes. She had a complete senior physical in December. On All normal.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
What's her vet suggesting? Has she had any diet changes recently, before her weight started declining again? Has anything else changed in her life recently that could have caused stress?

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No. I am praying the vet is right and it is the diabetes. He is very good. I absolutely freak out if she loses now because it makes me afraid it will be like before she was diagnosed with Ibd and put on budesonide. I am stuffing her as much as possible. her tummy looked a bit more rotund last night. I will see the vet again Thursday. I am very sorry I get so bananas. She is all I have.

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What's her vet suggesting? Has she had any diet changes recently, before her weight started declining again? Has anything else changed in her life recently that could have caused stress?
Her glucose was kinda high and we increased the insulin half a unit.

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her glucose was kinda high and we increased the insulin half a unit.
It is hard for me to believe that is it but it very well maybe..I will see vet again Thursday. I was so panicked I practically had signed over the next stimulus check to the vet.

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are the most wonderful people! Thank you

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your kitty starts gaining weight again soon! Here's hoping the small tweak with the insulin helps everything. Please keep us updated, if you're able :>