Confessions of an American Cat Huffer

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Each time I try to "huff" I get a nose full of fur and it tickles!! I have to stop huffing, because I have to sneeze!

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I huff two of my four kitties... I don't know that they smell of anything, good or bad, but Snowy is my deaf cat, and I started burying my face in the fur around her neck so I could purr on her... let her "feel" my voice.  Now I just like doing it.  Tati is our ragdoll, and she is just bunny fluff, and not very sheddy, and I love nuzzling her fur everywhere... and we bump heads a lot.  Its her thing... she starts with the forehead bumping and I just have to scoop her up.  It can't be helped. 

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hilarious thread.  When my girlfriend moved in some years ago, she brought with her an elderly, chocolate brown cat - appropriately named Mr. Bosco.  He had the most foul, god-awful breath you can imagine.  So she says, "don't worry, in a few weeks you will come to love Bosco's breath."  Uh huh.  Like that could happen.  Much to my amazement though, her prediction came true.  I grew to adore Mr. Bosco's stink.  And now that he has passed, I still recall the smell of his breath.  It smells like love.  

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heaven help me, I just went and sniffed my cats.  Swanie just smells like...um...a cat I guess.  He did purr and kiss me, so I guess he doesn't mind being sniffed.  Cricket on the other hand got up and ran up the stairs.  You will NOT be huffing on me human!  So I'll have to try that experiment a little later I guess.

But I thank you all for the laughs - I really needed it

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This seriously needs a cuteness alert!  My heart turned to an instant puddle of mush when I opened this post. 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After watching this video... what can I say? LOL  This guy is truly a cat huffing addict! 

bella lago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG!  You're right!

I gotta' say, this guy TOTALLY looks like a Huff-Head and his place DEFINIETELY looks like a Huff-House, lol.  (I think he might need a cleaning service . . . or some meds . . . or possibly both.)

And his huffing technique needs some SERIOUS work.

It's all about moderation, people.  Let him be a lesson to you. 

That could be you after one too many huffs.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG!  You're right!

I gotta' say, this guy TOTALLY looks like a Huff-Head and his place DEFINIETELY looks like a Huff-House, lol.  (I think he might need a cleaning service . . . or some meds . . . or possibly both.)

And his huffing technique needs some SERIOUS work.

It's all about moderation, people.  Let him be a lesson to you. 

That could be you after one too many huffs
When his cat licked himself after the guy huffed him, I couldn't help but think he (the guy) probably 'huffed' out instead of in and the cat ended up with 'residue' on his fur. Poor baby. Regardless, his house might be a bit cluttered, and he might be a touch loony, but all his cats look healthy and well raken care of. And there is no doubt - this guy LOVES his cats!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
One of the things I liked about the video was the cat's attitudes towards all the huffing.  It was like they were thinking:  "Oh, boy, Dad's at it again.  Just ignore him and maybe he'll go away.  Why does he have to embarrass  us like this?"  He was just this big goofy human bumbling around the place but they were the ones in charge!