Concerned

Jackmcbob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi just wondering if anyone has any advice.

so last night I noticed a few fleas on one of my cats so I gave them all baths with soap. One of them really didn’t like the water and made a huge fuss about it twisting and clawing to get free, He was fine straight afterwards.

Then I noticed last night He was kind of sat weird just half staring at me. I just assumed at this point he was really angry with me and I said to my partner look at the looks he’s giving me. Anyway I woke this morning and he’s still next to me on my bed which is unlike him to stay for this long without moving in the night and doing some terror runs. I let him be anyway then I’m the last hour I started to get concernedthinking right no he should be getting up now. So I went to pick him up and he growled. Each time I tried. Finally I put him down and I noticed he was walking unusual and just wanted to sleep again and not move. So I placed him back on the bed and gently felt around his body to see where the discomfort was coming from.

So I’m thinking it’s either his spinal Area or either one of his back legs. One thing I notice is he’s shaking in his rear like a very fast rapid twitch if I stretch his legs just slightly they tritch quite hard and rapidly almost like a vibration than a movementfrom like his hip area on each side.

Could he have hurt himself when fighting to get get out the bath? And is it serious enough to warrant the vet? Or could this be a toxin issue. Google show shaking can be toxic. And the soap I used on him was a anti fungal soap for cats that was prescribed a few months back. I never got all the soap fully off him as he won the fight in the end and I had to let him go. But I thought I got most of it off. But then I’m thinking why are none of the other cats sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jackmcbob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I plan to take him this evening after work if he isn’t improving. His breathing seems fine just discomfort, Althought they will probabaly half stare at him and charge $60 and assume what’s wrong by staring at him.

Last edited:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I would go as you are looking at two things....possible injury, possible injection of some of the soap even if it is for pets. If those two things are coincidental to the problem, then there is a third issue. Don't let the vet tell you he will be okay in a couple of days if you are afraid that it might be something not so easily resolved. Stay and ask questions before you pay the bill.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jackmcbob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice. Yes that was my concern, I had it before when I take them for a visit and because of covid were not going inside with the pet. then the vet calls and seems like they have a group of animals all at once as a drop off time with everyone waiting in the parking lots rapidly checking them and releasing them one after another... Last time they said one of my cats was fine and didn’t even check what I sent him in for which was a small lump so had to make him go check again cat was with the vet for
About a minute. Gone are the times I could go in watch them get checked well and ask question during the visit. By the time the vet asks if I have any question there already brings the animal out. Animal care has definitely dropped during covid for check ups or small concerns.

Aside from that he’s doing much better he has the slightest limp now he isn’t shaking he’s eating walking around feeling sorry for himself. Think he realises he’s getting more attention and playing on it now lol. But I’ve identified it’s his right rear hip the bones all find I think he just pulled a muscle to hard while acting like hulk to get out of the bathtub.