Concerned cat mom

JadeBrooke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Windsor is pregnant with her 2nd litter. Her 1st litter went very smoothly and she birth 5 beautiful, healthy kittens (3 girls, 2 boys). So then this morning around 830am she gave birth to 1 kitten (that to me looks and behaves like a full term kitten). Mom has been caring for this single kitten as if all is well with her new baby. Here's where my concern comes in...I can still see and feel more than 1 kitten, at least 2 more babies in her belly. The mother is not in destress or really even looking and acting like she is still in labor. Is this something I should be worried about and need to immediately seek a vet to take her to. Or is this normal?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cat Windsor is pregnant with her 2nd litter. Her 1st litter went very smoothly and she birth 5 beautiful, healthy kittens (3 girls, 2 boys). So then this morning around 830am she gave birth to 1 kitten (that to me looks and behaves like a full term kitten). Mom has been caring for this single kitten as if all is well with her new baby. Here's where my concern comes in...I can still see and feel more than 1 kitten, at least 2 more babies in her belly. The mother is not in destress or really even looking and acting like she is still in labor. Is this something I should be worried about and need to immediately seek a vet to take her to. Or is this normal?
Sometimes the birth are even days apart. Do watch closely, be sure you know where vet is. But as long she is good, no visible problems, you can wait and see.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as she is acting normal and taking care of the baby, all is well, it's not unusual to have them many hours, even days apart. if you can see contractions, she starts meowing loudly and starts pacing, and ignoring the baby, THAT is not normal and she would have to be brought in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JadeBrooke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the positive feedback and fingers crossed she and kitten(s) continue to do well and I will keep y'all updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JadeBrooke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I am happy to give y'all an update that mom (Windsor) is again a proud but exhausted mom of 5 healthy kittens. We are still not sure why the one came over 24hrs sooner than the others. I guessing he/she was wanting to have moms attn all to themselves LOL. Again you all for your messages it was definitely stress for me and my daughters to go through but Windsor handle it all like a champ.

Attachments