Concern about Cat anus

MJ23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi folks
Our little tabby cat was involved in a little scrap with a big male a couple of days back. She is fine in herself but just a little sore in her backside, fine when sitting but oop just stings a little….anything in this photo to suggest an issue?
The vet on the phone seemed to thing monitor her… she hates the car and the vet so don’t want to stress her unecessarily

greatful for thoughts :)

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't look exactly right for a cat. Definitely angry-looking. Did this happen on its own, or was it the result of the incident with the other cat? Seems to me, there should be something you could put on her tush to soothe it. That takes a vet, so even though it's not her favorite place, you probably should take her there.

Stressedcatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
helloo, im dealing with a relapse of a rectal prolapse on my cat rn so i can say it can be due to many reasons

her bottom might be irritated bc she got diarrhea, hows her poop?
is she an outdoors and she got in a fight, FIV exposure is high i hope u keep that in mind
When was the last time she was dewormed ?
does she scoots after pooping?
if ur vet says something such as " just monitor her" id ask for a second opinion, my senior cat got considerably worse bc a vet didnt do what he had to when we had the chance to prevent a lot of things.

diaper creams or vaseline/ aquaphor u might want to try to put on her bottom to help soote it.
and for a vet visit and them stressing is totally normal when they not used, my grandma cat used to fight a lot to get in the carrier but now she makes no problem, gotta make them use to it bc when theres emergencies u need to take them ASAP.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If nothing else, since your vet doesn't want her in right away due to stress, you can put a dab of olive oil on her. It will soothe, and make elimination easier for her.