Hi there! Thanks for chiming in. I have called the vet and am just waiting for her to call me back. I don’t have any evidence that the pancreatitis is back right now- she was released to me after 6 days of hospitalization because she wasn’t showing any more signs of pain/inflammation in the pancreas. Doesn’t stop me from worrying about it of course! I will ask the vet if she thinks this could be pain related. If she goes back on a pain med it will be the bupo- she only had the metacam for a day or so at the beginning of all this, and there’s a note on her file not to give it again, as it could very well be what caused the acute pancreatitis- we can’t know for sure if it’s the medications she was given, the anesthetic, or something else about the surgery.Hi,
I think that this may all be pain related. The pancreatitis causes pain in cats. So if she is having a flare up then she would be in pain. If you have the appetite stimulant then I would give it as directed to help with the appetite. You don't want her not eating anything at all because then she runs the risk of hepatic lipidosis or fatty liver disease caused by not eating.
It is probably best to feed the A/D or recovery diet if you can since all the diet changes aren't good. I would also stay away from the dry food, even if it is watered down, it is still full of carbohydrates that cats cannot digest or process. So that isn't good for her.
Call your vet in the morning. See if you can get more pain medication. I would get the buprenorphine and if they will sell you injections instead of oral that would be great. Some vets won't though. In that case use the oral I would not ever give the metacam again.