COMPETITION: Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Cats amongst Colour

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going back to 2014, at least 4 British Short Hair cats were set loose at a derelict coal mine. They had obviously been (mis)used for breeding purposes and were now surplus to requirements. I fostered 2 of the 3 females captured. Miffy was the first to arrive, full of parasites. The vet thought she had been spayed - but two weeks later she came on heat and started marking everywhere and everything - hence the towel in the photo. The picture was not taken to be entered in any competition but simply in the hope that someone would recognise the cats or notice that a breeder had reduced his breeding stock. No luck there, whoever it was got away with animal cruelty. One of the cats had to be euthanised.

But here is Miffy - looking considerably better than when she arived. She is one of the few fosters I regret not adopting myself. But she did find a new home. I hope she's happy
Miffy.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Great shot and just in time mattkat mattkat !

The competition is now closed.. voting thread soon. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't envy the person/people who have to decide a winner, so many wonderful photos of everyones beautiful kitty's!
We all do that allypuk allypuk

Here's where you can vote:

allypuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is a shared opinion that you don't vote for our own, or is it if you enter you don't vote? I don't want to not play by the general consensus

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a shared opinion that you don't vote for our own, or is it if you enter you don't vote? I don't want to not play by the general consensus
Lol, I always vote for my own cat so I can be sure she gets at least one vote! I haven't yet won a photo contest (and likely won't unless my cat becomes more cooperative and I get better behind the camera :tongue: ), so I don't think it makes much of a difference!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to take pics of some of the participating photos with my cell to send to my grandchildren by WhatsApp but the colours were not right so I gave up. 😢 Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks for any help.