Compassion Fatigue...

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that caring for animals calls up the strongest and most vulnerable about us. One huge addition to animals care and rescue is that every animal is innocent and for me that is really the clincher.

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Never thought of that but you are right. I don't carry a gun, but since things are getting a little weird over there, having a can of Pepper Spray on me makes perfect sense. Thank you for the suggestion.

When the homeless guy came up upon the cats and me the cats immediately flew across the parking lot and I damn near joined them. Now I know that the homeless are quite often the victims, not the villains, but it was just startling with how quickly he came out of nowhere.

That's an awfully nice compliment, fionasmom,

thank you

I have pepper spray on my keychain and animals are good judges of character. If a dog/cat reacts badly, I take note !!

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree that caring for animals calls up the strongest and most vulnerable about us. One huge addition to animals care and rescue is that every animal is innocent and for me that is really the clincher.
I couldn't agree with you more. The worst behaved animal has caused less angst and offered more unconditional love than any person I've ever known.