Comparable food to Soulistic Moist and Chunky?

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hooper loves this Soulistic food in pouches. Are there any foods similar in texture you would recommend? All of the flavors have tuna and one other protein and
I would like to find something similar without tuna so he isn't getting fish every day. Chunks in gravy seem to be his thing. He is extremely picky about wet food in general.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The company that makes Soulistic also makes Weruva. Have you tried that? http:/www.weruva.com

Tiki Cat is another you can look into. Tiki Pets - Tiki Cat & Tiki Dog - Say Aloha to Real Food

Try this: Canned Cat food Spreadsheets

Do you feed canned pate foods? You get more food for the money that way. Pouches and anything in gravy / sauce / broth tends to be mostly liquid with little actual food plus the carbs is on the higher side of ideal.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I haven't actually tried the Soulistic pouches yet, but just bought some today for my extremely picky guy who is now refusing his usual pate. Since I haven't seen it yet, I can't give you any comparisons, but would suggest you just buy a couple of other brands that don't contain tuna and see how your guy likes them. I know so many companies make food in pouches these days you have lots to choose from. But I can also tell you that I've tried many on my guy and he certainly doesn't like very many of them. He hates Tiki Cat, hates Weruva, sometimes will eat some of the Wellness ones, sometimes will gobble up Natural Balance, but other times goes screaming from the room in protest, hates Abound. I transitioned all my cats from kibble to wet on Soulistic, so thought I would give it a try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The company that makes Soulistic also makes Weruva. Have you tried that? http:/www.weruva.com

Tiki Cat is another you can look into. Tiki Pets - Tiki Cat & Tiki Dog - Say Aloha to Real Food

Try this: Canned Cat food Spreadsheets

Do you feed canned pate foods? You get more food for the money that way. Pouches and anything in gravy / sauce / broth tends to be mostly liquid with little actual food plus the carbs is on the higher side of ideal.
He splits a pate with my other cat every night, half a can mushed up with 2T of warm water, most of the time he laps up the liquid and maybe a third of the pate. He refuses broths or anything with large chunks. I think he likes the texture of the Soulistic and the soupy quality. We tried a couple of Tiki Cats that were a no go. I will look at Weruva.