Comfort Foods for Cold/Snowy Days

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am freezing and simply cannot get warm. Thinking of getting some ground beef out of the freezer and making chili for later on this week. Or maybe some chicken for chicken noodle soup.

What are some comforting foods that you go for when the weather is cold and/or snowy? Or even rainy? 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I made shephards pie last night. I love beef. meatloaf is my other goto but that disappears faster than shephards pie. I used lipton onion mix in the hamburg as well as onions n peps. corn in between the potatoe and meat. yum! bake it until the potatoes get that crispy edging- perfecto!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a little over a half of a rotisary chicken in the fridge, so I decided to make soup. I used about 1/2 a bag of baby carrots, 3 garlic cloves, a little olive oil, 3/4 of an onion, & added thyme, & rosemary. After sated all of that, I added the water & chicken.
It's only been on the stove for 40 minutes, & smells so good!

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken and dumplings, roast chicken and potatoes and chili but not too spicy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It rarely gets too cold here but yesterday was gloomy and rainy. My go to is won ton soup and an egg roll from my favorite Chinese place

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
any kind of homemade soup.. not from a can...

also beef stew, or pot roast. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hot oatmeal or cream of wheat really warm me up well. soup also does well at warming me up, though i usually have condensed chicken noodle or tomato.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bowls of chili over rice with grated cheeses and sour cream. On the side are fried corn bread patties. That is what we had for lunch today after church.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

I made shephards pie last night. I love beef. meatloaf is my other goto but that disappears faster than shephards pie. I used lipton onion mix in the hamburg as well as onions n peps. corn in between the potatoe and meat. yum! bake it until the potatoes get that crispy edging- perfecto!
Can I send my hubby over?  He's been craving a shepherd's pie or meatloaf and I'm vegetarian, lol.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made a big pot of Wendys Chili (from a rip off cookbook), I usually do baked corn bread but since I was sick in bed all weekend I didn't - doing the chili was enough. My comfort foods: chili, mac and cheese, chicken and dumplings or chicken noodle soup, beef barley soup, all home made,

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Usually soups and stews for us. Maybe roasted chicken. :nod:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

Can I send my hubby over?  He's been craving a shepherd's pie or meatloaf and I'm vegetarian, lol.

sure=we have plenty~ and it's still so very cold outside! BRRRRR