Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Discussion in 'Fur Pictures and Videos Only!' started by betsygee, Apr 17, 2014.

1. betsygee

betsygee Thread Starter Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    Ozzy keeping watch, waiting for the poor little mouse that ran under the credenza to show itself....

2. mservant

mservant The Mouse servant Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    The Mouse Pad, UK
    Ha ha ha, that is just like Mouse in my kitchen, waiting infront of the washing machine (for very same reason)...   can spend hours like that!  Wait until the plant pot becomes the secret viewing platform!

3. betsygee

betsygee Thread Starter Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    Mouse sounds like Ozzy--he'll stay there forever, patiently waiting.  The pot would be ideal--but when we first got it, they tried to use it as a litter box so we put hard green fencing wire in there to keep them from digging in the dirt.  So tI don't think they try jumping up there any more.  

4. mservant

Jul 8, 2013
    The Mouse Pad, UK
    [​IMG]   Oh, I remember you posting about that pot!   It will be laying on top of the table/unit then, with his little kitty head hanging over the edge to see the mouse whiskers peek out from his high and very secretive vantage point.  Mouse either sits on the floor in front of the washing machine (stupid as the mice will see him), hiding behind the kitchen door frame peering round so he can see the same washing machine gap  but have to pounce from a distance if the rodent materialises, or on the kitchen worktop directly above where the little mouse last appeared from.  Yup, he can be very patient waiting in hope of a little playmate appearing.... not so patient when waiting for me to feed him biscuits though - then he makes far more noise. 

5. greycat2

greycat2 TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 6, 2003
    Sounds like Smudge. He'll sit for hours when he sees something. And if he catches it...........

Or one can become the plant themselves..... [​IMG]

6. my4llma

my4llma TCS Member Top Cat

Oct 23, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. betsygee

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    Now THAT'S a great hiding place!!  [​IMG]

8. betsygee

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    My cats usually play the catch and release game--one of them Will bring in a rodent, let it go, and then all three of them will chase it.  

9. mservant

Jul 8, 2013
    The Mouse Pad, UK
    What a lovely plant!  Do the kitten runners come out of those lower mini pot sections? [​IMG]

lyrajean purraised this.

10. betsygee

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    [​IMG]

11. greycat2

Aug 6, 2003
    Of course they do. 4 paws, a tail, a pair of beady eyes, ears and whiskers.........

BTW - That's Lil' Jag when she was less than 1 year old. She'll be 10 years in August.

12. greycat2

Aug 6, 2003
    Of course, it's the best entertainment next to catching lizards, flies and toes........

I like the furry speedbump in the middle.........

13. betsygee

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    Here we go again--Zoe and Rico keeping watch.  Another critter under the drum table....

14. mservant

Jul 8, 2013
    The Mouse Pad, UK
    Daring critter! [​IMG]

15. betsygee

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA

16. lyrajean

lyrajean TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 23, 2008
    VT
    LOL!....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]  

No, they're spaces for extra mices!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014

17. mservant

Jul 8, 2013
    The Mouse Pad, UK
    Well done kitties, but stunning colours like that make me think 'don't go near'!  OK, not too bad for humans but what about little kitties if they get bitten?  [​IMG]  

18. callista

callista TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 6, 2006
    Apparently their venom is quite mild... more bark than bite? :p

19. betsygee

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    Right. I looked it up the first time they brought one in. :loll:

There apparently aren't many of those snakes around here, but Ozzy manages to find the few there are....

20. mservant

Jul 8, 2013
    The Mouse Pad, UK
    So now there will be even less!  [​IMG]    Just as well they aren't an endangered species.