Color Of Kittens/questions About Pregnant Kitty

Brittani1157

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on what color kittens we will be having. I'm going to try to attach a picture, but I'm new to the site and I'm not sure how. In case the picture doesn't attach, the mom is a bobtail tortoiseshell and the dad is solid grey. He has been fixed recently, and we are going to have her spayed after the babies are born. Thank you I think I got the pictures, but I'm not sure why they are upside down and sideways

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... . I'm going to try to attach a picture, but I'm new to the site and I'm not sure how. In case the picture doesn't attach, the mom is a bobtail tortoiseshell and the dad is solid grey. ... I think I got the pictures, but I'm not sure why they are upside down and sideways
Hi! Lovely cats! :welcomesign: Welcome to the site!
I think sometimes when people upload photos from a phone, they can show up sideways or upside down. Did you use a phone? :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Torties can have almost any color of kitten!

Since the gray is the daddy, they won't have white on them, because neither parent does.

Does she have long hair? I can't really tell if it's long or just rumply, lol. Because he's longhaired, if she's longhaired, all the kittens will be too. If she's shorthaired but carries the longhair gene, half the kittens will be longhaired. If she's shorthaired but doesn't carry the longhaired gene, they'll all be shorthaired.

He's dilute, she isn't. If she carries the dilute gene, about half the kittens will be dilute, if she doesn't carry, none of them will be.

They're both solid, not tabby, so all of the kittens will be solid too (except any orange kittens, because the red gene only comes with tabby).

If they both carry the pointed gene, there could be a pointed kitten. About 25% of kittens are pointed if both parents carry. If one is born white, you'll know that one will be pointed.

So her kittens can be: black, gray, orange/buff tabby, or tortie (gray/buff or black/orange), and a slight chance of a pointed kitten of any of those colors. If she has any orange/buff tabbies, they'll be boys, any torties will be girls. The grays and blacks can be either sex.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brittani1157

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Torties can have almost any color of kitten!

Since the gray is the daddy, they won't have white on them, because neither parent does.

Does she have long hair? I can't really tell if it's long or just rumply, lol. Because he's longhaired, if she's longhaired, all the kittens will be too. If she's shorthaired but carries the longhair gene, half the kittens will be longhaired. If she's shorthaired but doesn't carry the longhaired gene, they'll all be shorthaired.

He's dilute, she isn't. If she carries the dilute gene, about half the kittens will be dilute, if she doesn't carry, none of them will be.

They're both solid, not tabby, so all of the kittens will be solid too (except any orange kittens, because the red gene only comes with tabby).

If they both carry the pointed gene, there could be a pointed kitten. About 25% of kittens are pointed if both parents carry. If one is born white, you'll know that one will be pointed.

So her kittens can be: black, gray, orange/buff tabby, or tortie (gray/buff or black/orange), and a slight chance of a pointed kitten of any of those colors. If she has any orange/buff tabbies, they'll be boys, any torties will be girls. The grays and blacks can be either sex.
Thank you so much!! She isn't quite as fluffy as he is, but there's not much of a difference. I can't wait to see the babies! We are thinking she will have them next week sometime.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she a natural bobtail, or did she lose her tail in an accident? If she has a naturally short tail, it may be the result of a dominant gene, in which case each kitten would have a 50% chance of having a short tail like mom.

Brittani1157

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is a natural bobtail :) I wasn't sure if the babies would be bobtail or not, since daddy isn't. So thank you for that! It seems like time is dragging by lol I am ready for the babies to come! My picture is upside down again, I guess I should be doing this on my laptop

Brittani1157

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will definitely post pics! I'm thinking around next Wednesday she should be ready :D

Brittani1157

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this is unrelated to my original question, but is it normal for a pregnant cat to poop herself? Like, without even realizing it? She is a pretty small cat prior to pregnancy, so I'm not sure if the babies are big and just pushed it out of her by moving around inside of her.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't personally experienced that with a cat, but I think that's fairly common among pregnant human women, so it probably happens to pregnant cats too. . .:oops: :eek2:

Brittani1157

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to post another picture of mama. Poor thing, I don't know whose more ready for them to be born - me or her! Lol :D

Brittani1157

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey yall, I have a question. My cat is 62 days pregnant today and she pooped on my son's blanket last night and when I went to pick it up, there was blood underneath the poop. Is this normal?

Brittani1157

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My tortoiseshell female recently had a litter and dad was grey.. Good luck you have beautiful cats :) My cats kittens were cream,red,black,grey tabby,tortoiseshell and dilute torties.
Oh my gosh, they are beautiful! Congratulations!!

Brittani1157

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is 64 days pregnant today, and she hasn't dropped yet, but her stomach feels a lot less hard than it has been. She still looks the same, very poked out in the sides, but I was just wondering if it's normal for her belly to soften this close to time.