Colloidal Silver usage for cats' health in some occasions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justacatlover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok I order this, too bad it takes 10 days to get it. UGH...and I think I will go to the vet and get a cone for his head, and try and use it for 30 minutes at a time and see if I can keep him around while the silver is trying to work. Thank you Carolina... My poor cat. :( Hoping this gets better soon.... By the way this may tell everyone how much I love my cat. I even have a heated cabinet that is attached to my house with a hole in it for both of my outside cats to get into in the winter time with heated beds. HA. Yep spoiled cats. Plus its a good place for them to run to when they are in danger or need to hide. 2 of the other cats that got killed by pit bulls were strays that wouldn't go away and we made beds for them too but they never would get in them. Had them both for 3 years. The other one was our inside cat that my daughter accidently let outside when she left for college one day and we didn't know it. We heard all this noise.. Well you guessed it... Needless to say a person looses their mind and I got in the middle of 5 pit pulls trying to save him. He lived for 14 hours. We took him to emergency vet care but too much swelling. :( It was sad, me and my husband kid you not cried for 2 months off an on. We loved that cat. He had been abandoned by his mother @ the age of 3 weeks(we think she got killed too), so we bottle feed him. So I have a 16 year old female lives in the house and 2 outside cats brother and sister that is 13. It is weird that the sister has NEVER caught this staff from her brother. Makes no sense to us... But glad she hasn't. We have had all 3 of these since they were 6 weeks old..

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I order this, too bad it takes 10 days to get it. UGH...and I think I will go to the vet and get a cone for his head, and try and use it for 30 minutes at a time and see if I can keep him around while the silver is trying to work. Thank you Carolina... My poor cat. :( Hoping this gets better soon.... By the way this may tell everyone how much I love my cat. I even have a heated cabinet that is attached to my house with a hole in it for both of my outside cats to get into in the winter time with heated beds. HA. Yep spoiled cats. Plus its a good place for them to run to when they are in danger or need to hide. 2 of the other cats that got killed by pit bulls were strays that wouldn't go away and we made beds for them too but they never would get in them. Had them both for 3 years. The other one was our inside cat that my daughter accidently let outside when she left for college one day and we didn't know it. We heard all this noise.. Well you guessed it... Needless to say a person looses their mind and I got in the middle of 5 pit pulls trying to save him. He lived for 14 hours. We took him to emergency vet care but too much swelling. :( It was sad, me and my husband kid you not cried for 2 months off an on. We loved that cat. He had been abandoned by his mother @ the age of 3 weeks(we think she got killed too), so we bottle feed him. So I have a 16 year old female lives in the house and 2 outside cats brother and sister that is 13. It is weird that the sister has NEVER caught this staff from her brother. Makes no sense to us... But glad she hasn't. We have had all 3 of these since they were 6 weeks old..
Awww hun I sorry for your losses :hugs:
If you click on this link, you will see on Amazon, under the cart, "more buying Choices" There will be a choice there to Vitamin World - it is one cent more expensive - also free shipping - add that one to the cart..... I think they might deliver it faster..... Not sure, but they might..... Just click on "add to cart" on the one that says "Vitamin World" on the right hand side.
I think the cone will be a great help, treating him 3-4 times a day - I will be crossing all my fingers and toes for you :cross:
I always get it from Amazon, and it never takes long :cross: :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

justacatlover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok I ordered it, so I will let you know how long it takes to get it.... I am mixing that one water based one I mentioned above with the lotion now, trying that in hopes maybe just maybe it can back it off till I get the other stuff. You would never know this cats was sick unless you seen his tale. He doesn't even act like it all. Thanks for all the help here....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you ordered the colloidal silver. I do hope it won't be too much of a problem to apply it frequently. There's no way to keep him inside for a few days or so - maybe confined to one room? A bedroom or guest bedroom or large bathroom or something? :dk: I'm sure he wouldn't be happy but it might make it easier to treat him. Either way, good luck! :cross: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

catsfreakinrock

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you read the thread?
Holistic remedies are just fine for persons who are treating themselves. But, you cat does not have the choice to make an appointment with the vet and get the correct medicine or treatment. So, when a worthless remedy like colloidal silver (which I am sure you all know is illegal to be offered for sale to treat feline diseases of any kind) is given to the cat, it is not the same as a person sho makes the choice for himself. Nothing in this thread changes my view of this and i am sure no one has a licensed vet who has ever prescribed colloidal silver for anything. It would be illegal for a vet to do so.
Most people who choose to use colloidal silver have already been to the vet, sometimes numerous vets, and realize that many of them are quacks and dangerous for our pets. Sometimes we have to do our own research if we want to heal them and keep them alive. People who go through life blindly trusting vets and doctors are just naive and gullible. Do you watch TV? Take notice of all of the ads for lawsuits for pharmaceuticals. These are all drugs that were deemed "safe" by the FDA and by numerous studies. Yet somehow they are killing people. Now, multiply those ads that you see by 100,000 and you may come close to about how often vets are killing are pets with their malpractice and pharmaceuticals. Because animals can't testify in court and they can't sue, these numbers are hidden.  Illegal? Is a vet going to be arrested for suggesting cleaning a wound with a known antibacterial such as colloidal silver? Really? If you believe that colloidal silver had no benefit, you must disregard the scientific community and well respected publications such as Scientific American:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...antibiotics-thousands-of-times-more-effective

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=silver-coating-fights-microbes

What you probably do not know is that vets prescribe dangerous medications for our beloved pets daily. This is just ONE of many hundreds that kill our pets on a regular basis. All given by the wonderful veterinarians:

http://healthypets.mercola.com/site...metacam-cause-renal-failure-for-pet-cats.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ambermay

I hold your heart close to my chest.
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am kindly asking catman513 to stay off this thread.

I just want to tell my friends who supported us before - what happened to us on 2nd July 2013.

No worries about my May - she is as healthy as can be and her leg recovered fully in-spite of what vets suggested could become of it.  Even no muscle loss, no limping at all, she jumps as high as she did ever, even higher, and she became most affectionate kitty in the family.

And now - Janie...

I was not able to post anywhere because I was under such a stress and pain and worry for my other beauty Janie...  I thought she was lost to us...

Before I say further - know that my Janie is WELL and back with us and in her full health in a blink.

In short - Janie was stolen - many people here want a friendly cat for their kids free (Janie is so friendly), and we were missing her for almost 10 days.

Little did thieves know - Jane has a family she loves.  Jane and her sibling John count me as mother since I raised them and bottle-fed them since we rescued them just when their eyes were open (short of 2 weeks old).

My Great Respect to people who are able to keep their kitties inside-only.  Here in Africa for feral-origin cats it is just NOT POSSIBLE.  Cats kill themselves if kept indoors...

So... Then...   One night I had another dream of Janie coming back (I had recurring dreams of her coming back just slightly injured).

And I wake up and see her in my room in a cattery shelf - I couldn't believe my eyes with joy, but she was more than skinny, just emaciated, skin and bones.....

I grabbed her, hugged her, (she was purring then I assume with pain).   I brought her to show my hubby, woke him up - this was such a joy, and then I smelt something wrong...

She had a great wacking wound on her tummy, old wound, very smelly, stinking like a rotten flesh of dead, perhaps she got away and got injured over the security glass on the top of wall (that is what vets suggested on inspection of Jane).  Perhaps she was trying to lick her wound over on her way back, but couldn't recover.

Janie, as injured as she was, - made her way home to her family.

No need to say what we went through and all the posters and all the search we did.

She came back to us - that is important.

That night I immediately treated her wound topically with plenty of Colloidal Silver, and took her to vets that morning along with CS bottle.

No need to say - I missed my work - AGAIN.  Boss understood!!!

Vets sedated her, and did an Xray, and said that an operation is needed, and there is a possible protrusion into the insides, but  they will know more when she is totally sedated for sure...

There was no protrusion - good news...

Just to let you know - our vets now use CS extensively whenever they get it.

So, Janie had an operation, and they used CS plenty during this operation instead of betadine solution, etc.

It appears that there was no need for future worries after the operation.

Janie recovered very quickly, and vets even were so confident not to use so many meds for her, just one injection of antibiotic during an operation, and of course - fluid treatment with vitamin 'B' injection for her being so thin.  They just told me to topically apply CS to her wound about 3 times a day.  Drain was taken out in 3 days...

No need to say that we went to vets all these 3 days.

After the operation - Janie ate very well, and there was no temperature.  I had to take off the Elizabethan collar they gave, because she was so stressed with it.  Vets didn't charge me for it when I gave it back.

I didn't sleep that same night when I collected her home, and stayed with her to prevent her licking her tummy and stitches, and applying CS.  Then - all was over.

As for now her scar on a tummy is gone forever (even vets said that a large scar may stay).   Janie recovered her weight, her fluffy hair has grown back, and she is back to her normal self with no effect of ill.

Dear Carolina, if you are still reading this thread - I want to express my warmest thanks to you once again.

Because of your first reply I got brave to find and use CS on my animals and myself, which led us to great benefits in health.

As well - due to May's experience with CS - many other animals' lives were saved by out vets using it...  They told me that.

Thank you ever so much who supported me in this thread.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CS is wonderful stuff! We use silver impregnated dressings in the medical field often.

I'm glad your cat is OK.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww Nadia ambermay ambermay :hugs: your post brought tears to my eyes.... :touch:
I am so glad Janie is well, and I am so touched I was able to make a difference.... Even though, you, your love and care are the one who really deserve all the merit.
Thank you for coming back and posting, I often think of you and beautiful Ambermay. :rub: :hugs:
As for Colloidal Silver.... It is the only first aid I have in my house. For both me and my cats - it has saved me many times.
A week and half ago my cat bit my father.... You know how nasty cat bites are :nod: Colloidal Silver always does the trick though, and this time was no different. Mom is here from Brazil and she is taking a bottle with her to treat her pup's eye infection since she can't find in there and nothing else is working.... She cut her finger today and yep, that's what I used to prevent infection.
I wish more people knew about how amazing it is...
I am glad you and your babies are well :hugs:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful for your post and happy for your kitties...

Thank you also for taking care of the feline community around you...

lisa j tx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ambermay,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your story and successful experience with Colloidal Silver, CS.  Also thanks for sharing such amazing photos; they should be in a calendar!   Thanks to all of you who are putting out your proven, helpful healing information.  I know that your stories will end up helping many other kitties and their heart wrenched care givers.  I want to lend support to your success story by adding mine with it.  Since I can't turn away a stray, I now have 13 cats; all neutered and spayed.  I am confident that I have a great test case study for the effectiveness of CS in fighting the feline herpes virus because all 13 cats had the exact same successful results.  Also a new friend from this site is reporting to me that her 3 cats are also showing signs of the the same, quick successful results within just 2 days of using CS.  She plans to also post her testimonial.  I have also read on another site where a medical doctor healed her cat's ulcerated eye infection with CS.  Now that is a total of 17 cats all showing the same great results without harmful side effects.  That can't be our imagination.  Those who think it is a snake oil should consider that hospitals have known about the powerful infection fighting properties of silver for years.  They use it in the best burn and wound creams and they know it is powerful and safe and have put it into the eyes of newborn babies to prevent serious eye infections.

Sorry my story is a bit long but hopefully the details will be useful and helpful to others and their pets.  Last year my house cats, at that time 7, mostly older cats, contracted the herpes virus due to one or two strays that I took in.  They were all suffering with recurring upper respiratory troubles, rapid-fire, profuse sneezing and runny eyes.  My oldest cat, Tango, ended up with a terrible eye infection and corneal ulcer that was blinding one of his eyes.  His respiratory troubles turned into pneumonia.  The outside stray tomcat, (now neutered) also developed pneumonia - a severe case, and I felt certain he would most likely die from it.  For about 2 years, my family had been successfully using Colloidal Silver to fight illnesses and infections when needed.  I had been skeptical of the many positive CS claims, but after witnessing the successful strep infection fighting properties of Colloidal Silver in my extended family, I decided to try it.  My nephew was about to be prescribed his 3rd round of antibiotics but his mother decided to try CS.  Her pharmacy is also a promoter of natural supplements and remedies and they sold it.  Anyway, in over 2 years now, thankfully, our family hasn't needed any prescription antibiotics.   We have used low strength CS (10 ppm = parts per million) as eye and ear drops and a few dropper fulls taken orally when various needs arose.  In our case, it is quicker acting and more effective for eye infections than the meds we have had prescribed.   CS helped one of us quickly, within 3 days, recover from 2 separate pneumonia illnesses.  Since we had nothing but positive results with absolutely no bad side effects, I decided to try it on my cats. 

I treated the cats twice a day with CS.  The brand my health food store sold was Sovereign Silver 10ppm in an 8 ounce bottle with dropper for about $35.  My sister used a different brand and also had great results so I am not pushing any certain brand.  I recommend anyone interested to go to Amazon and read reviews on the different brands of CS and decide for themselves.  By the way, it is nearly tasteless and very easy to give; much like distilled water -that is what it is made in.  

I gave each cat 2 or 3 drops in each eye, and in each nostril while tilting their head up.  I also gave each cat the tiny dose of 1 cc (=1 ml) squirted in their mouth with a syringe -in order to keep the dropper clean.  I did this twice a day for about a week.  By the end of the week, Tango's eye COMPLETELY cleared up from that blinding corneal ulcer and infection.  I wish I had taken before photos but I never expected to have such great results by using CS on this stubborn illness; although I was hoping and praying.  I may have gotten an accidental photo of him with his bad eye when taking kitty photos.  I need to look through my old photo folders and see.  Also before he contracted the herpes virus he was developing slight cataracts in both eyes.  Now both of his eyes look completely clear!  I have read of people claiming to no longer need cataract surgery due to CS clearing their eyes.  That was a hard claim for me to believe, but I have to admit that Tango's eyes now seem to be cataract free.

I gave the tomcat with pneumonia an additional 2 oral doses throughout the day - four in all.  Within 3 and a half days he recovered and was up and able to eat again. For the year we had been feeding the stray tomcat, we had noticed he him having recurring fits of hacking coughing jags.  It has been about 8 months since I treated them all with CS and we haven't heard him have any of those coughing jags since.  All of the cats stopped having runny eyes and respiratory troubles -no more snot and profuse sneezing.  They all used to cycle through the terrible illness every 3 weeks; sick for one or two weeks and then mostly well for 3 weeks then the sickness would start up again, repeating this cycle over again.  After the CS treatments it was obvious that they all felt much better because they became more active and playful again.  I have one cat that will have one sneeze maybe once a week and rarely one will have a drippy eye.  They have all been well for about 8 months now.

Now, I am certain that they must still carry the herpes virus because I integrated 5 weaned kittens with them after their CS treatment.  (I took in a sickly stray pregnant cat.)  My vet told me to watch them and when they developed runny eyes or URI's she would prescribe some antibiotics.  2 or 3 of them did develop drippy eyes.  I only treated them with drops of CS plus I put about 5 squirts in their quart size ceramic (not metal) water bowl every time I cleaned and refilled it.   They are now 6 months old and as of last week all fixed (hurray -no threat of more kitties).  They have never, ever developed any other symptoms of the herpes virus.  I only treated the ones with runny eyes a few times and they have been clear ever since.  

A side note: I should mention that these were not healthy kittens.  I have been battling a horrendous coccidia protozoa infestation that their mother gave them ever since they were born.  It was an absolute nightmare.  The mother kept exploding uncontrollable diarrhea all over them and her and the confined room they were in.  I tried many vet prescribed treatments but finally gave up on her when she got to where she didn't want to eat.  I spent a week slowly weaning the kittens a bit early.  I felt horrible having her euthanized but I was completely wore out with washing kittens and bleaching and disinfecting everything, it took all of my time, plus the vet was running out of suggestions and I was running out of money.  Thanks to the help from this great site, mainly catwoman707, I found a medicine that would finally help my kittens (Marquis paste); a medicine my vet was unfamiliar with but willing to prescribe for me.  All of my cats are now rid of the nasty protozoa and my sickest and favorite kitten is now doing so well; no more constant leaky exploding back end and well on his way toward having solid bowel movements for the first time in his 6 month life.  He is much more happy and has had 3 weeks now without troubles.  My life is much more enjoyable now too.  No more explosions on us while cuddling this cute kitten, no more accidents to clean, no more washing the kitty, and no more scooping the boxes 6 times a day!!!

Our family's beloved babies are all happy and well now.  I am so thankful that I found how powerful and useful Colloidal Silver is at fighting any infection.  I will never be without it.

I hope and pray that this information will benefit other precious kitties and their smitten people.

sjack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello to all  my fellow animal lovers.  I will start by saying that three years ago I went to pick up the sweetest little being to ever enter my life.  He is a Persian kitty and his name is Spencer.  He was so sickly from the very start and we treated him every few days for weeks at the Vet and received medicine and medicine and more medicine and it seemed as soon as he got better he would get sick again.  Finally my vet said she suspected he had Feline Herpes.  So we started on a round of lysine to see how he would react and he started to get better.  I still had to treat him with eye meds because that seemed to be an ongoing problem.  So then we got Sissy and Jax the next year and I had no idea that they too would get the Feline herpes from Spencer but I now know alot more than I used to.  So they all threee get lysine daily and I have special things I have to do for the Persians eyes to keep them healthy but about two months ago Jax got weepy eyes and a cough and sneezing despite being on the lysine so we treated him at the vet and they changed his meds three times and we even got a second opinion and no one had any idea what to do for him next.  We tried every kind of eye drops and the end result was his eyes were pussy and swollen and starting to look very cloudy.  Nothing worked and he didnt want to eat or drink.  I was desperate and joined this site.  I started to read other peoples testimonies and ideas thinking I might be able to find something to present to my vet to help Jax.  Then I noticed there were people saying that Colloidal Siver had worked for things such as what Jax was suffering from as well as injuries and such so I private messaged someone who was so kind as to message me back so my questions could be answered.  She (Lisa) is an angel because I ordered some of the CS and I started using it five days ago.  First a little in their water and then when I saw they were not having any bad side effects I started putting drops in Jax and Spencers eyes.  The very first day Jax was able to open his eyes and the infection was less and less everyday and today there is no sign of the infection in his eyes at all.  Five days ....I also stated giving some by mouth to him three days ago which was 2 days after I started the drops by eyes and he no longer has a cough at all and no sneezing at all and he is eating and drinking as if he was never even sick.  This morning I was in tears as I watched my little Jax romp and play as I made coffee.  He hasnt done that in a couple months.  So if anyone is wondering if this stuff is worth trying I have to say I am so grateful for this site and for a kind person taking the time to help me help my sweet kitty.  So from here on I know I have the power to help them when even the veterinarian was at a loss.  

Sign me ONE HAPPY MOMMY!!!

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
I want to say SORRY to all my friends here for late reply, I haven't been on this site for long time now, and therefore never followed any post.

I dropped all my internet connections for a long time when we had a death in a family.  I just couldn't share...

My beautiful Johnie was killed by a car (he was only just over 5 years old).  April last year and I'm still not over it. (Perhaps that never goes away).

That aside - I'm very happy to hear that CS helped some people and their lovely companions.  

I'm not a promoter of Silver products, but only a humble user, who also found about it on a web.

Nowadays with prices up and cost of living is up - we are still buying CS.  Even now it's a lot cheaper then spending all the moneys on doctors...

I'm thankful to all of you who posted such long and lovely posts.  I read them all with great interest.

I myself take CS on regular bases since I discovered about the product, and have never been sick since then.  But that's me.  My cats never really needed that anymore, until just yesterday, when my 3 year old Trudy had a rash on her paw.  I used a spray of CS, and naturally today it was gone - one time and gone.  (just a minor thing).

My 82 year old mother who lives with us now told me that when I was a baby my eyes were real bad with some puss and red.  No baby-antibiotics helped.   Then I was treated in clinic with some silver product (they burned my eyes with it just once), and since then my eyes went fine and still are fine.  So, we all know (even from the web) that Silver is quite an old remedy, but of course - nowadays of commerce, etc - it is largely criticized, because of the money-making machine of the drug-industry. 

I don't remember if I told that before - I have volunteered for a while at our animal sanctuary (non-kill shelter), and in the rain season they had kittens dying so much from the same feline herpes virus.

I then introduced CS, and things started improving in a matter of days...

We even used CS to give by mouth by dropper (low concentration).  This also helped.

josiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there! I just joined this site and read all 6 pages of this thread. I'm so glad colloidal silver helped heal the wound!! You're an awesome pet mom!

How do you get colloidal silver from a person who makes it? How did you find your supplier?

ambermay

Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there! I just joined this site and read all 6 pages of this thread. I'm so glad colloidal silver helped heal the wound!! You're an awesome pet mom!

How do you get colloidal silver from a person who makes it? How did you find your supplier?
Through our vets.  Our vet gave me a contact.

But now I'm buying CS from a registered supplier from South Africa (a company)

catman513

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

The legacy of this thread is a misleading reliance on colloidal silver with which I felt a responsibility to disagree. My comments mean nothing to the OP who now has a recovered cat. But a person joining this thread needs to know that every responsible source of information discredits colloidal silver for medical uses. To the point where it is illegal to even offer the product for sale for such purpose.

The colloidal silver people are a menace to healthy happy cats. I can't put it any other way.

Let me add that any person considering the use of colloidal silver for a medical problem should google the term colloidal silver along with any of the following: the NIH (National Institute of Health) the AMA (American Medical Association) the FDA (Federal Drug Administration) the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) and follow the links to any one of those authoritative resources.

I was re-reading this thread now that all is passed...  just to see if I missed some of my friends' notes...

I still grateful to all of my friends for support in any way - saying this once again...

Just wanted to say: 'He, he' once more!  Since that time - long time passed.  May doesn't even limp anymore, not ever, her whole muscle has regenerated, not even a sign of the scar...

Sorry pal, we use CS all the time for ourselves and our animals and IT WORKS!!!  Works each and every time!!!  Myself - I have been ridden with pheumonia all my life, and now - I didn't see a doctor since May's injury!!!
I am glad to have had my warning above quoted in your recent post. It is as true today as it was years ago when I posted it, your anecdotes to the contrary notwithstanding. And, once again I am happy for your cat being healthy, but if a single person would be discouraged by this thread from getting proper veterinary treatment for a sick cat, it is on your hands.

Last edited:

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was re-reading this thread now that all is passed...  just to see if I missed some of my friends' notes...

I still grateful to all of my friends for support in any way - saying this once again...

Just wanted to say: 'He, he' once more!  Since that time - long time passed.  May doesn't even limp anymore, not ever, her whole muscle has regenerated, not even a sign of the scar...

Sorry pal, we use CS all the time for ourselves and our animals and IT WORKS!!!  Works each and every time!!!  Myself - I have been ridden with pheumonia all my life, and now - I didn't see a doctor since May's injury!!!
Well, I just thought I'd bring up this thread again to post this very interesting information from Dr. Becker. This wasn't available when the thread was started, but it's very informative and helpful information on colloidal silver, and includes mention of current studies.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/07/03/antibiotics-colloidal-silver.aspx
This is really an interesting thread!

Thank you both for informing us of the benefits of colloidal silver in wound treatment. I'm sure many others will find the information very valuable!

Status
Not open for further replies.