Colitis!

kittykittysick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had a cat with colitis? he has very bad diarrhea. My vet has my persian on Tylocine, and Fortiflora, but i jsut want to know if this will ever end?! my kitty (terrence) has been on antibiotics/ringworm medication for the past four months. i feel horrible for him

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would feed him chicken and rice so he doesn't become dehydrated. Good vibes are coming to you. Can you feel it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykittysick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he was eating innova EVO and was doing fine on it until the diarrhea started, then the vet switched him to prescription diet ID for a little while, now he is back on kitten food, sort of, because he doesnt really like it.
i think his colitis is medicine induced

Thanks for the vibes, its been a long 4 months. he still has ringworm, and it wont seem to go away, despite all of the nasty medicine he has been on

tried the chicken and rice, still bad diarrhea

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
try beef and rice ... it is rare but their are cats allergic to chicken

emmylou

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you sure it's colitis? Because diarrhea isn't the same and doesn't usually happen with colitis. Colitis symptoms are specific: semi-soft stool containing mucus and/or blood.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emmylou

Are you sure it's colitis? Because diarrhea isn't the same and doesn't usually happen with colitis. Colitis symptoms are specific: semi-soft stool containing mucus and/or blood.
MANY variations of symtoms of colitis
... think IBS in humans = the colitis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykittysick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes im sure its colitis. and colitis can mean diarrhea. and yes it has mucus in it.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you ask the vet about other prescription diets? Royal Canin has one that I know some people whose cats do really well on. Purina and Eukanuba also have prescription diets.

My cats haven't been big fans of Hill's prescription the last couple times they needed it.