Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would ask them if they do, then you would know for sure and wouldn't have to wonder. Wondering sucks!

#1-- 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee in warm water, drank black

#2-- 3TB Cappuccino Supreme pumpkin spice cappuccino made in warm water with 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee

I ordered some Hemp Milk from Target for my cappuccinos! Can't wait to try it. I wonder what it will taste like. I like to do half water, half fancy milk in my cappuccinos.
Yeah, I should. It's weird to via drive through, but maybe if I went in to actually talk.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari If you have even walked in to SB, and watched how they do things, it is kind of amazing.. A group of people who are running around, and know the drinks by memory!

For special orders; All they do is quickly rinse the frothing container (sorry, cannot remember word), and quickly wipe down the frother stick with a rag. I can see how there is some cross contamination as they do not wash these things with soap and water, but do a quick rinse...
They seem to do this with after all orders... not just special orders.

They have a 'spray rinser for the the cups" and a wet rag, for the frother.

I have been dairy free, using almond milk exclusively for many years. I have never had a reaction to SB.. but I do not routinely have a special drink. I usually stick to Chai Tea, Iced Coffee, Green Tea... sometimes a refresher..

Honestly, I have never seen them get an order wrong. I think DD gets things wrong, constantly.

I suppose, if you do go in, you can tell them you have severe allergies to daily and need it really cleaned before your order..

They seem to be really accommodating...

But with a baby>...you do not want to go in... You can specify this when you go in the drive thru...

Personally, I use the app...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I seem to be getting my Suisse Mocha craving in the morning now. So, here I am, sipping a cup now. :yummy: I really can't get in the habit of having two cups a day, so guess it'll be green tea this afternoon, and again this evening.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari If you have even walked in to SB, and watched how they do things, it is kind of amazing.. A group of people who are running around, and know the drinks by memory!

For special orders; All they do is quickly rinse the frothing container (sorry, cannot remember word), and quickly wipe down the frother stick with a rag. I can see how there is some cross contamination as they do not wash these things with soap and water, but do a quick rinse...
They seem to do this with after all orders... not just special orders.

They have a 'spray rinser for the the cups" and a wet rag, for the frother.

I have been dairy free, using almond milk exclusively for many years. I have never had a reaction to SB.. but I do not routinely have a special drink. I usually stick to Chai Tea, Iced Coffee, Green Tea... sometimes a refresher..

Honestly, I have never seen them get an order wrong. I think DD gets things wrong, constantly.

I suppose, if you do go in, you can tell them you have severe allergies to daily and need it really cleaned before your order..

They seem to be really accommodating...

But with a baby>...you do not want to go in... You can specify this when you go in the drive thru...

Personally, I use the app...
That's good to know you haven't had a reaction! This dairy free bf group I was recommended to join seems so militant at times! And there's posts about going to Starbucks and then the baby is screaming in pain and "oh, you got dairyed, SB is known for that," and it makes it a little tricky to trust my instincts. Especially when dairy has never affected J's mood - she's usually quite happy! So I don't think she's in pain.

I wouldn't bring J in, but I thought if I was somewhere without her I could order inside to go. But maybe I should just say I have a dairy allergy in the drive through.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I am pretty sure if you say you have a dairy allergy and need things cleaned before hand.. You will be fine... On the other hand... I have never gotten ill from cross contamination, and I have a pretty high intolerance to lactose.

(((hugs)))

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One small Caramel Highrise this morning was just as delicious as I remembered but much more expensive -$5!
Wow, I usually can get a sammich for $5! That's why I like Sunoco, their cappuccino is only a little over a dollar.

really can't get in the habit of having two cups a day
Why not? Because of the sugar? You don't use as many TB as I do though. I use 3TB.

Just playing around with my cappuccino supreme pumpkin spice cappuccino powder today and trying it with various milks, with 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee added to each cup.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Why not? Because of the sugar? You don't use as many TB as I do though. I use 3TB.
Yes, sugar / calories. You're right, I don't use as many TB as you do, but still if I added a 2nd cup to my daily routine, that would be adding calories, which might end up adding pounds. That said, I did have a 2nd cup yesterday afternoon. :eek3:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Had a regular cup of coffee this morning with oatmeal, blueberries, maple syrup, and almond milk..
I was tired after a meeting, so I made another cup of coffee... with maple syrup and almond milk.
It was so good. I needed it!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two cups of dark roast coffee - I have one cup with breakfast and a bigger mug after lunch.
Do you drink it black? I like to have one black and then one with 3TB sugary cappuccino. I go to extremes I guess. :lol:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a hot chocolate from a different cafe today. Bigger cup and costs less but today's drink was meh. Too much almond milk and not enough chocolate flavor :disappointed: And it was sort of lukewarm. I've had better ones from the same cafe in the past.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a sample packet of this mushroom instant coffee today from my exercise class. But pregnant and breastfeeding women aren't supposed to drink it according to the internet. Kinda too bad, sounds interesting.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I got a sample packet of this mushroom instant coffee
Never heard of that before. Think I like the sound of Mocha instant coffee better. :lol:

Speaking of my Suisse Mocha, my Amazon order with 8 containers arrived yesterday. Good thing, as I ended up having 2 cups of it again yesterday. :rolleyes2:

Status
Not open for further replies.