Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely , the radioactive treatment is expensive but produces a good outcome. My former girl was allergic to the pills and had hyperthyroid related heart problems and high blood pressure. After her treatment she was just fine.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It must be honey season? I'm seeing tons of variety of honey in the stores, when before there were just a few choices. I'm really into honey lately.

#1- 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi wildflower honey
#2- 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black
#3- 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi wildflower honey

I used 2Tsp instant coffee today instead of 1Tsp. I think it might be too strong. How much instant coffee would you guys use?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like honey. I used to use it in my tea.. occasionally in my coffee.
I cannot have it anymore. A year ago, I discovered it is full of fructose. I had one of those 'challenge; tests; finding out I have a fructose intolerance. dam.. I miss honey.

Strange too find out, because each time I was having the big D, I would have tea with Honey... only to discover that it was making things worse for me.....

And just when I found a couple of local bee keepers... dam.. I still have a bottle in the house.. I refuse to get rid of it...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely , the radioactive treatment is expensive but produces a good outcome. My former girl was allergic to the pills and had hyperthyroid related heart problems and high blood pressure. After her treatment she was just fine.
Thanks for the recommendation. The cost blew me away so I thought I'd start with the meds in a transdermal gel form first. He will have his bloodwork rechecked in about a month and then we'll go from there. It's not the best time right now for me to have him undergo the radioactive iodine therapy due to my husband's health issues but I will definitely reconsider it. I appreciate hearing about your cat's good outcome too. 👍

I started off my morning with a mug of dark roast coffee since I bought new beans over the weekend. It's my double star day at SB so undecided if I will stop there today or not. :dunno:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
K-cup coffee savings alert! I have been buying my k-cups at Sams club, $42 for a box of 100 which ends up cheaper than Target, where the cups run about $.53 a cup. But I just found Keurig Hot Everyday Essentials Kcups, 48 cups for $16.99 or only $.35 a cup at my local grocer, Cub Foods. Tastes exactly the same as the more expensive ones. They also have these in dark roast.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have a bottle in the house.. I refuse to get rid of it...
My favorite is comb honey, like this:
1615334159663.png

It's my double star day at SB
What does double star day mean?

#1 Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi wildflower honey
#2 Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black
#3 Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, 2TB Upouria sweet french vanilla cappuccino

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like honey. I used to use it in my tea.. occasionally in my coffee.
I cannot have it anymore. A year ago, I discovered it is full of fructose. I had one of those 'challenge; tests; finding out I have a fructose intolerance. dam.. I miss honey.

Strange too find out, because each time I was having the big D, I would have tea with Honey... only to discover that it was making things worse for me.....

And just when I found a couple of local bee keepers... dam.. I still have a bottle in the house.. I refuse to get rid of it...
Was this one of those tests where you fast and then drink the sugary drink and have your blood sugar checked for a few hours?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#1-- 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black
#2-- 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi pure vanilla creamer (different all natural one), 1Tsp Aldi wildflower honey
#3-- 1Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi pure vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi wildflower honey

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Was this one of those tests where you fast and then drink the sugary drink and have your blood sugar checked for a few hours?
Kind of, but not really...
I had to drink a mix of the powdered substance, of choice, mixed with water. I sated there 4 hours, and had breathe tests done. I had to blow into a bag, which immediately sealed, after breathing in.
This was done every hour. The bags were sent to the lab, where they measured the amount of the substance in your breathe. You could not drink any water while waiting..

I did not have to wait for the results. I ended up with really bad gas pains.. so I knew it was positive.
We were in a special room, which had a tv. There were 5-6 of us in the group. We could walk around the floor, but had to return every hour, on the hour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting! I know for sure they have the Chobani at Jewel, so I may buy that next. It's probably cheaper overall to buy alternate milks rather than creamers. I finished that oat milk creamer in a week!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever seen the Chobani kind; I'll have to keep an eye out.

It's not hard to make your own oat milk. Just grind up some oats, soak them in water, and strain them out. We used to do it just for fun when I was a kid, rice milk too.

We used to soak it overnight but this says that can make your oat milk slimy:
How to Make Oat Milk (Perfect Every Time!) | Minimalist Baker Recipes

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not hard to make your own oat milk.
I don't see that ever happening for me. Besides, it's fun to sample different types and brands.

#1--1Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi pure vanilla creamer, 1Tsp wildflower honey
#2-- 1/2TB Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi pure vanilla creamer, 1Tsp wildflower honey
#3-- 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The price of oat milk has really come down. I remember when it first came out, I paid $5 for a small container of it. I'll have to get back into sampling milks again.

#1-- 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi pure vanilla creamer, 1Tsp wildflower honey
#2-- 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black
#3-- 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee made in half water & half sweetened almond milk, Aldi pure vanilla creamer, 1Tsp wildflower honey (I haven't made this one yet, it's just an idea I have in my head for after dinner)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was a long but positive day so I had 3 different hot drinks starting with dark roast coffee in the morning, espresso with lunch and honey lemon ginseng green tea in the late afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.