Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
until I can get a non dairy creamer or alternate milk.
I think you'll enjoy the creamers and non dairy milks. Personally I prefer the sweetened ones, especially oat milk and almond milk. Sweetened soy milk and coconut milk are pretty good too.

#1 Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee drank black
#2 Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee drank black
#3 Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi real maple syrup (will have this after dinner)

I don't think I'll ever drink decaf again. Man, I'm so glad to be back on the caffeine!!! :cheerleader:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This will be replacing milk in my coffee for now.
Yum! I need to try that since I love sweetened oat millk.

Maybe I'll try hazelnut next time.
My best guy friend loves hazelnut creamer. I haven't taken his suggestion yet though, since they usually mix the hazelnut with chocolate and I'm not a huge chocolate fan. But I should try it one of these days, since he raves about it.

#1 Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee drank black
#2 Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee drank black
#3 Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp McCormick vanilla cinnamon sugar

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You haven't posted anything here in a bit. Everything ok? Any special coffee treats lately?
Yeah, any new dark roast suggestions? I'm back on the dark roast train. ☕

In my attempt to cut back a bit on my sugar, I've taken a Suisse Mocha break
Awww, I'm thinking of doing exactly the opposite and increasing my cappuccino to two per day. :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dooooo iiiiiit! (says the sugar fiend)
You're a bad influence....Or a good one, depending on how you look at it. :think:

Yeah, but you don't have a sweet tooth like me. I get lots of sugar elsewhere. 🍰🍬🍪🍦🎂🍩🍫
Yuck! I hate all those things in the emojis. I saw sugar cookie & gingerbread cappuccinos. I wonder if I would like desserty drinks better?

#1 Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black
#2 Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black
#3 Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi wildflower honey

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same as yesterday, but I switched the bottom 2 by accident, messed up my schedule. Ha!
This wildflower honey is really good. Aldi also has clover honey and raw honey, which I will be getting soon I think.

#1 Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black
#2 Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi wildflower honey
#3 Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought more Twinnings Ceylon Orange Pekoe tea. The supermarket hadn't had it in stock for awhile so when I saw it, I grabbed two boxes. It's a really good tea :yummy: I also bought Twinnings Honeybush, Mandarian, and Orange and Twinnings Pure Roobios Red to try.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely : You haven't posted anything here in a bit. Everything ok? Any special coffee treats lately?
Thanks for your concern. 🤗 It's been a long two weeks - my husband came down with a medical problem clear out of the blue and I've been taking him back and forth to the hospital for procedures/tests. He's scheduled for surgery in two weeks. And poor Carleton had a flare up in his Pancreatitis which hasn't happened for over a year plus he was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism. He's on meds for it now but the vet has asked us to consider Radioactive iodine Therapy. So I have two patients and have not been on the site much lately.

Yeah, any new dark roast suggestions? I'm back on the dark roast train. ☕
No different dark roast suggestions but I do need a new bag of coffee beans so will probably buy some today. If I change it up I'll be sure to let you know. I do love my dark roast though. 😉

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for your concern. 🤗 It's been a long two weeks - my husband came down with a medical problem clear out of the blue and I've been taking him back and forth to the hospital for procedures/tests. He's scheduled for surgery in two weeks. And poor Carleton had a flare up in his Pancreatitis which hasn't happened for over a year plus he was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism. He's on meds for it now but the vet has asked us to consider Radioactive iodine Therapy. So I have two patients and have not been on the site much lately.
Oh, so sorry to hear all that. I'll be thinking of you and your husband. And, of course, Carleton too. :vibes::vibes::vibes:
Remember to take time to take care of yourself too. :redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I change it up I'll be sure to let you know. I do love my dark roast
Yes, I will need all the suggestions I can get for dark roast because I'm never going back to decaf. That was torture. Probably why I was in a crap mood all month. 😉 Hope things go well for the 2 patients. :crossfingers:

#1- 1Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi wildflower honey
#2- 1Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black
#3- 1Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi pure maple syrup

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: :grouphug2:

Nothing new to add for coffee. Same old.

I did buy some Trader Joe's Irish Soda Bread. They call it 'Blarney Stone" Bread. I love Irish Soda Bread; reminds me of a huge scone. I made a pig of myself, yesterday and this morning at breakfast. Just take a huge slab, layer on the butter, and I am in heaven..

I may need to take a repeat trip to get another one , before St Patricks Day.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Thanks for your good wishes and support. :hugs: And a big thank you for the reminder about Irish Soda Bread. With everything going on I almost forgot about one of my favorite holidays. Living in the windy city they have a tradition of dying the Chicago River green. I love Irish Soda bread too and will be sure to look for it at TJ's. :thumbsup:

I'm taking it easy this weekend, bought a new bag of coffee beans yesterday and enjoyed a fresh cup of dark roast coffee after breakfast this morning. DH and I will be taking a drive to find the hospital/out-patient building where he's supposed to have his upcoming surgery. Neither one of us are familiar with the location and since he has to be there by 6:00 a.m. I'll be driving in the dark so you can bet I'll be brining a thermos of coffee with me. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Irish Soda Bread; reminds me of a huge scone.
Sounds yummy, I never heard of it. I'll check Walmart, but I doubt they have it.

bought a new bag of coffee beans yesterday and enjoyed a fresh cup of dark roast coffee
I'll have to try fresh coffee beans again one of these days.

#1- 1Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi wildflower honey
#2- 1Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee drank black
#3- 1Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, 2TB Upouria sweet french vanilla cappuccino (made in hot water)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The roobios tea is a bit too floral for my taste. I think I'll take the box to work and put it in one of the common break areas for others to enjoy. The honeybush, mandarin, and orange tea is very citrusy in a good way :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.