Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fine. I just didn't like the comments about the mail. This is a country driveway with snowbanks as tall as me, that has to be plowed with a tractor. I'm not even allowed to use the washing machine, so no way would I be allowed to use a plow. The substitute mail person came several hours early and dad wasn't finished plowing yet, simple as that. No chance of mail person getting hurt.

#1 Maxwell House Decaf drank black
#2 Maxwell House Decaf drank black
#3 Maxwell House Decaf, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1 Tsp wildflower honey (haven't drank this yet, but that's what I'm planning to have)
I'm glad you're okay! The snow piles are crazy - ours are finally melting.

Let me know what you think of the wildflower honey. I'm curious how it might be different to regular honey!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm fine. I just didn't like the comments about the mail. This is a country driveway with snowbanks as tall as me, that has to be plowed with a tractor. I'm not even allowed to use the washing machine, so no way would I be allowed to use a plow. The substitute mail person came several hours early and dad wasn't finished plowing yet, simple as that. No chance of mail person getting hurt.

#1 Maxwell House Decaf drank black
#2 Maxwell House Decaf drank black
#3 Maxwell House Decaf, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1 Tsp wildflower honey (haven't drank this yet, but that's what I'm planning to have)
Glad you're ok. And that you got your driveway plowed. It's hard enough shoveling my small city driveway, so certainly understand why you guys would need your country driveway plowed. Hopefully spring will be here soon, and none of us will have to deal with snow again for several months.

My usual Suisse Mocha this afternoon, and my Lemon Green Tea tonight. ☕

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me know what you think of the wildflower honey. I'm curious how it might be different to regular honey!
It's really good! I prefer raw honey though. I don't think I've ever tried that in my coffee, but I'm gonna get some in our next Aldi order. Raw honey is really thick, we'll see if it melts well in my coffee.

#1 Maxwell House decaf drank black
#2 Maxwell House decaf drank black
#3 Swiss Miss Simply dark chocolate hot cocoa in warm Aldi vanilla almond milk with 1Tsp dark roast instant coffee added. Fancy!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Really switched things up today!

Mint Green Tea this morning
French Vanilla coffee this afternoon
Lemon Green Tea later this evening

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really switched things up today!
That's exciting! :thumbsup:

#1 Maxwell House decaf drank black
#2 Swiss Miss Simply dark hot cocoa, warm almond milk, 1Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, 1/8Tsp cinnamon
#3 I'm trying out my new Upouria vanilla cappuccino, will report back on results.

Gah! I'm trying to be good and finish up that decaf, but no more! I just can't. I had to go back to my dark roast. I mean life is too short for drinking that blasted decaf. I hope I never see it again. :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I saw a new brew of Starbucks, K-cups in the Right Aid store. They are turmeric and cinnamon.. I thought, kind of strange, but since turmeric is so hyped up now, I decided to try it.

I made a cup of it yesterday. Kind of bitter, but I like the cinnamon part of it. I added almond milk, but no sweetener.. The box is going to be 'once a a while' type of coffee, along with the raspberry flavored K-cups which I found, a few months ago--those are really good. Again, from Starbucks, but discovered as I was walking the aisles in Rite-Aid.

This morning: cup of Starbucks ground peppermint mocha...
Second cup: Donut house peppermint mocha...
No sweetener in either.. just almond milk.

I can ver easily tell the difference between the two companies. I still prefer the
starbucks, over the Donut House.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like some of us are drinking candy .
I know! And strangely enough, I don't like dessert. But I like desserty sweet drinks. Weird.

#1- Maxwell House decaf drank black (Almost gone! Yay.)
#2- 2TB Silly Cow Farms hot cocoa, 1TB Upouria sweet french vanilla cappuccino, 1Tsp dark roast instant coffee, Aldi almond milk
#3- 1 packet Swiss Miss Simply Dark chocolate hot cocoa, 2Tsp Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, made in hot water.

This vanilla cappuccino is pretty good, but they are definitely not the supplier of Sunoco cappuccino that I love. Oh well, the search goes on. By the way, they delivered my cappuccino the next day. I'm not sure why they put "No Access. Ready For Pickup." They didn't make me pick it up, they tried again the next day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe they meant you could go pick it up if you needed it that day if you wanted to.
Not coffee or tea, but I do have a huge horchata right now.
That makes sense! I was stressing because I wasn't sure if we would be able to go pick it up, the roads were really bad here. But they brought it the next day. What is a horchata? I saw your dinner post. You should post with us in the "What's For Dinner" thread!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That makes sense! I was stressing because I wasn't sure if we would be able to go pick it up, the roads were really bad here. But they brought it the next day. What is a horchata? I saw your dinner post. You should post with us in the "What's For Dinner" thread!
Pure deliciousness! It's like a rice milk with cinnamon. I probably should pop in on the dinner thread once in a while. I make some fun stuff sometimes from my recipe app, but I figured the post was a lot to keep up on!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
figured the post was a lot to keep up on
Just start from today and then it won't be hard to keep up.

#1 Maxwell House Decaf drank black (so glad this crap is finally gone!)
#2 Swiss Miss Simply dark chocolate hot cocoa 1 packet made in warm 2% milk
#3 Upouria sweet french vanilla cappuccino 3TB made in warm Aldi sweetened original almondmilk

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a toasted white chocolate mocha from Starbucks.
The toasted part sounds interesting.

Well you had to know this would happen. I stole my brother's Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee. It was just too much temptation to resist. I replaced it in my Walmart online order today though.

#1 Folgers Black Silk dark roast drank black
#2 Folgers Black Silk dark roast drank black
#3 Folgers Black Silk dark roast, Aldi vanilla creamer, 1Tsp Aldi wildflower honey

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the pediatrician thinks J might have a slight cow's milk protein allergy. So I'm going to cut back on dairy (but not cut it out completely since it's not affecting her too badly), and milk in my coffee entirely. So I guess I'm just having it with sugar until I can get a non dairy creamer or alternate milk. I'm trying to decide if I should order this almond milk creamer, or just go for almond milk itself. If I don't drink a lot of straight milk and mostly put it in things, maybe a creamer would be better.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
One cup of SB Veranda with maple syrup and almond milk
One cup of Green Mountain Decaf with same as above

Will be needing more caffeine, later today.. did not sleep well, and I have a lot to do..

I think I will have either a cup of regular tea or a decaf version.. depends on how I feel at the time...
Using my supply of caffeine, before I buy more...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
So the pediatrician thinks J might have a slight cow's milk protein allergy. So I'm going to cut back on dairy (but not cut it out completely since it's not affecting her too badly), and milk in my coffee entirely. So I guess I'm just having it with sugar until I can get a non dairy creamer or alternate milk. I'm trying to decide if I should order this almond milk creamer, or just go for almond milk itself. If I don't drink a lot of straight milk and mostly put it in things, maybe a creamer would be better.
The almond milk creamer, from my experience, is very good.. sweet.. and thick. I used the Califa Almond milk with Coconut milk creamer. It is good for me, as a treat..

Regular Almond milk is not hard to get accustomed with ~~ That is if you are used to skim milk, which I was. They have the sweetened and unsweetened versions..
~~~~~
Reminds me of my childhood..Which was many years ago, when they did not have a variety of substitute milk products.
My family always said that I was a very colicky baby. I guess I was really bad. My parents had to make rice water/milk for me...
When I grew over that stage, I was forced to drink regular Cow's Milk. I remember my mother yelling at me to drink it..Even up to teen years.. I never cared for it. I did not like the taste of it; but I was forced to drink it. I got incredible cramps, daily..full of gas pains... no diarrhea, but the gas pains were incredible..

When I got old enough, I stopped milk completely, only in coffee.. Then I lived with my dad.. he had terrible pains.. I switched over to Lactaid milk.. it did help him and me a ton.. but I still had some gas pain...

Finally, I switched over to Soy, and then Almond milk... gas pains gone!

And last year I had a lactose challenge test.. I knew it would come back positive, but I did not realize how positive it came back.. Yes, I have a really bad intolerance to lactose!!!
The numbers were so elevated.

Just goes to show you, at an early age, I knew milk was bad for me!

It has been a year now, and I have stayed away from ice cream, yogurt~~ which I had everyday for breakfast.. I am craving ice cream and yogurt; but am so afraid to try them again..

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like sweet things, so it'd probably be right up my alley.

From what I understand, dairy allergies in babies are decently common and most grow out of it, but obviously if it gets worse or she ends up lactose intolerant, I won't force her to have dairy!

Apparently they make oat milk ice cream now that might satisfy your craving!

Status
Not open for further replies.