Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Two different Starbucks locations near our house were both temporarily closed due to an employee coming down with Covid. It really made DH and I reconsider picking up a drink whether in person or at the drive-thru. I actually prefer my own dark roast coffee beans better so will take a break from SB for awhile.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The Califa farms almond milk Creamer, with coconut milk; is god with coffee. So-so with tea. You can taste the coconut milk in it. It is very creamy. I do like it, but not something which would be a regular item.

I am finding that if I have coffee after 12:00 noon, it keeps me up.. unless I am very very tired.

neely neely , yes, that is a fear everywhere.. You just do not know. Covid could be lurking anywhere.

I remember, in Sept, when the locally Famous Roast Beer, Seafood take out place, next to my building closed down due to 3 people with Covid. I had gotten a sandwich there 3 days before the news..

One of the tenants in the building worked there part time. She was outside with several of us, telling us that she did not feel well--stomach, headache.. and was going to the doctors the next day.. And she has a huge bunny rabbit which takes out and allows the tenants to hug, pet.. Well I was there ... and the bunny was coming up to me..

When I heard she was not feeling well, I took my leave.. we were Social distancing.. but....
When I heard she had Covid, I was not surprised; I freaked ... Made and appointment for a Test..
Thank God it came out negative.

I do not think I have been sitting outside since then.. It did a number on my psyche.

For Starbucks, I order through my app. If the take out line is too long, I just run in, grab and go.. SD the entire time..
I will not be getting take out for much longer.. the numbers are going up incredibly.. I really expect some type of a lockdown by the first week in December.
Gotta see if I can get some Peppermint Mocha k-cups.. and couple more gift cards..

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Califa farms almond milk Creamer, with coconut milk;
I want to branch out and try some of those almond & coconut milk creamers. There are so many different flavors of creamer!
I hope I live a long life so I can try them all.

I really expect some type of a lockdown by the first week in December.
I hope dad and I can still get our Walmart pickup order on December 10th. I already have everything in my cart, just waiting until the day before to put it through.

3 cups of Folgers Sumatra coffee, made strong since nobody else is drinking my coffee anymore. Added spiced vanilla sugar- it's bourbon vanilla beans, cane sugar, cinnamon, cardamom. It's fabulous!

I also tried adding both milk & vanilla caramel creamer to my coffee, along with the spiced vanilla sugar. That was wonderful.
Do you guys ever add both milk & creamer?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
No, I do not add milk AND creamer.. to much for me.

Yesterday, I tried a Peppermint mocha iced latte from Dunkin.. made with almond milk, no whipped cream. ugh!
It was as if I was drinking a chocolate milkshake with a touch of coffee and a pinch of peppermint ... not again.
Waiting for Dunkin's Peppermint mocha K-cups.. Those have been good in the past. Wonder if they have changed?

Today was tea with the creamer.. so-so better in coffee..
Will probably go out for coffee, later.. power is going off soon, so I will not be on line.. I do have things to do.. and I can go out..

ttyl

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since our city has gone back to a Tier 3 with more restrictions due to the surge in Covid cases I've been using my Nespresso machine in the afternoon. I think I'm going to have to stock up on more supplies. :p

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was as if I was drinking a chocolate milkshake with a touch of coffee and a pinch of peppermint
Yeah, my cappuccino mixes are like that, coffee is like the last ingredient, so I have to add more.

I put some Cinnamon creamer in it
Walmart has a vanilla cinnamon creamer that I want to try. I hope the hoarders don't buy up everything before we get our order in.

Today I had 3 cups of Folgers Sumatra coffee with various amounts of milk, Aldi vanilla caramel creamer, and vanilla spice sugar.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my cappuccino mixes are like that, coffee is like the last ingredient, so I have to add more.

Walmart has a vanilla cinnamon creamer that I want to try. I hope the hoarders don't buy up everything before we get our order in.

Today I had 3 cups of Folgers Sumatra coffee with various amounts of milk, Aldi vanilla caramel creamer, and vanilla spice sugar.
The coffee creamer I use is International Delight Cinnabon-- it's very good. I seem to like the I.D brand better than Coffee Mate. I tried Bailey's creamers and I thought some were pretty good, some could have been better. Anyway, I can be fussy when it comes to Coffe Creamers but that's just me.🙂

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 cups Folgers Sumatra dark roast coffee with cow milk and vanilla sugar. I'm out of flavored creamer and miss it. But I'm getting more in my Aldi and Walmart orders if they have it in stock. People are hoarding everything, so I don't know what I'll end up with in my orders. 😲

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a very rainy and dreary day here so I made two cups of dark roast coffee in the biggest mug I had
Same here, but the rain & dreariness was in my heart. What a crap day. One bright spot, Walmart gave me a little goodie bag with 2 cinnamon coffee K-cups. I took them out of the cups and put them in a coffee filter in my drip coffee maker. It came out just fine!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peets Holiday Blend Coffee
What's the Holiday Blend flavor? Peppermint?

I've been drinking Folgers Sumatra with Coffeemate Vanilla Cinnamon Creamer. Sometimes I use sugar, sometimes not. I drank the whole pot today, didn't count how many cups, which was odd for me, I usually measure everything. Weird week, can't wait for it to be over. :thumbsup:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
What's the Holiday Blend flavor? Peppermint?
No, there is no peppermint in this..

It is: Quote "Big Body, Candied fruit, dark chelate and Indonesian spice".."Double Chocolate, Extra fragrant, u;trq plush. Two Guatemala coffees---one with fruit forward, one chocolate back----and washed and natural Ethiopian, and a sumptuous spice-laden Sumatra gather together in on extraordinary Holiday Blend...."
From the box.....

It tastes like strong coffee to me!!! I guess I do not have a good palate....HA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.