Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most packaged foods don't go bad, as in food poisoning bad. But the quality may suffer. . .as you found out! But most likely won't make you sick.
Is that a fancy way of saying hot chocolate or hot cocoa?
Some people may use the terms interchangeably but drinking chocolate is usally made with real melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder.
Recipe: Drinking Chocolate - Crazy for Crust

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a few more cups of my French Vanilla instant coffee, and I'm starting to like it.
Welcome to the dark side! Next you'll be drinking vanilla cappuccino with me. :thumbsup:

maple flavored Cheerios
That's the only cereal Dad will eat, but it's "Honey Nut" Cheerios. He'll also eat the store brand knockoffs, but only that flavor.

I would not eat anything in your panty, which your mom bought. At least not without reading expiration date before opening
I thought Dad & I threw out anything over 3 years expired, but we missed some things I guess. I have a list here of expired stuff- frozen squash 2016, frozen pork chops 2017, mole sauce 2017, pickled beets 2018, canned pumpkin 2018, roasted garlic marinade 2018, sweetened condensed milk 2018. We threw everything else away, except for spices and that type of thing.

drinking chocolate is usally made with real melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder.
That's interesting! I wonder if one is better tasting than the other.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Drinking chocolate is way better than cocoa :yummy: You can get drinking chocolate in powder form. It usually requires hot milk added to it.

What is the difference between hot chocolate and drinking chocolate?
Hot cocoa comes from a powder, while hot chocolate is (technically speaking) what many call "drinking chocolate" or "sipping chocolate," made from chopped bits of chocolate or small chocolate pellets that are melted slowly and painstakingly, then blended with milk, cream, or water

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
banana cinnamon swirl muffin
That sounds so good! I prefer muffins because they seem to be a little less sweet than cake.

#1 Great Value Sumatra, Great Value vanilla liquid creamer, apple cinnamon sugar
#2 Great Value Sumatra, Great Value vanilla liquid creamer, Chocolate sugar
#3 Great Value Sumatra, Great Value vanilla liquid creamer, Chocolate sugar

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Muffins can be savory or sweet. Dessert cakes (birthday cakes, anything with frosting, etc) are just sweet. There are savory cakes but those are more like entree dishes.

I had some "sleepy time" tea last night. It's the Twinnings brand. I probably let it steep too long because an hour later I was :yawn: :sleep2:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was:
Strong TJ's coffee with almond milk
SB's Peppermint mocha.. grande with almond milk.

That kept me up all night, until 2am! Once Geoffrey jumped on my lap, I relaxed and dozed off..
He woke me at 5am, to tell me he pooped and his food bowl was empty!!
Ignored him until 8am... very difficult to do..

This morning was a TJ's reg keurig cup, with almond milk.

probably tea later...
Geoffrey goes to Vet tomorrow morning... yearly...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Muffins can be savory
Which flavors of muffins are savory? I would probably like those better.

He woke me at 5am, to tell me he pooped
Hee hee. How do you know he's telling you that he pooped? Does he make you follow him & show you? That's so cute.

Today I tried some sweetened condensed milk in my coffee. I always wanted to try it. But it's gross! Way too sweet.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hee hee. How do you know he's telling you that he pooped? Does he make you follow him & show you? That's so cute.
Well, mostly from deduction.
I used to get up, immediately when he woke me. Now I am so drained that I am ignoring him.
When Geoffrey wakes me, in the middle of the night; it is either to tell me he pooped, or vomited.

If he is insistent about me getting up, it is vomit. If he just wakes me, and then calms down, it is to tell me he pooped.

If he is jumping all over me, it means he wants me UP.. to play, or he ran very low on his dry food.

As I was telling someone last night: I think I trained him to tell me when he poops. I guess I trained both Artie and Geoffrey to do so. With Geoffrey, the litter box is in our bathroom. I can hear him digging when he poops. I have always said, "Good boy, Good Boy, dig, dig, dig"...

I guess I subconsciously trained him..

Too bad I can't train him to stay off my table!! Or come when I call him.

Geoffrey also tells me when I need to scoop. He will keep coming up to me, wherever I am, and cry while staring at me. When I get up, he will lead me into the bathroom. OMG.. What a cat!

If I forget to scoop, or do not notice it.. he makes sure I do. He will visit me, while I am sitting on the pot, rub my leg, then put his nose in his litter box, meow, and walk away!

Geoffrey does the same thing when I need to do a clean-out, wash of his box. He will visit me, stick his nose in the box, MEOW.. then walk away..

Crazy Cat.. I created a monster! At lease he is a very clean boy.

This morning is his Vet appointment; IF I can get him out from under my bed!! Dam him for knowing this.
I swear, he reads my calendar!
~~~~
This morning: Strong TJ K-cup coffee, almond milk, Maple flavored Cheerios, with blueberries and almond milk.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is jumping all over me, it means he wants me UP.. to play
That is so cute! Except for the fact that you are trying to sleep when he's doing it. :lol:

#1 Great Value Sumatra coffee, finished up the Great Value vanilla liquid creamer, 2 tsp Stevia
#2 Great Value Sumatra coffee, 2% cow milk, blueberry sugar-- This tastes weird in coffee! I'll try it on toast.
#3 Great Value Sumatra coffee, 2% cow milk, apple sugar- same as above, this would taste better on toast.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Which flavors of muffins are savory? I would probably like those better.

Veggie and cheese, herb and cheese, garlic and sun dried tomato corn muffin, etc. Pretty much anything that doesn't have fruit and sugary things. There are lots of recipes online. Cafes and such may have savory muffins as a breakfast item.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Veggie and cheese, herb and cheese, garlic and sun dried tomato corn muffin
Those sound fabulous! :)

McCafe Columbian
I have some of that in ground coffee.

#1 Great Value Sumatra coffee, 2% milk, blueberry sugar
#2 Great Value Sumatra coffee, Aldi vanilla caramel creamer, blueberry sugar. Blueberry tastes so much better with creamer than milk!
#3 Great Value Sumatra coffee, Aldi vanilla caramel creamer, apple sugar. I don't really like apple flavor in coffee.

I finished up the Great Value Sumatra! I'll open a new coffee tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those sound fabulous! :)

I have some of that in ground coffee.

#1 Great Value Sumatra coffee, 2% milk, blueberry sugar
#2 Great Value Sumatra coffee, Aldi vanilla caramel creamer, blueberry sugar. Blueberry tastes so much better with creamer than milk!
#3 Great Value Sumatra coffee, Aldi vanilla caramel creamer, apple sugar. I don't really like apple flavor in coffee.

I finished up the Great Value Sumatra! I'll open a new coffee tomorrow. :thumbsup:
Search

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
For breakfast, something a bit different: tea with Califa Almond milk/Coconut milk Creamer.. Wow, You can really taste the coconut! So it is different.. may try it with coffee, tomorrow.

Today will be tea... It is about 27 degrees with a wind chill factor of 17 degrees! BRRRRR....

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, those look amazing, especially the pot pie muffins.

#1 Opened up a new coffee- Folgers Sumatra, Aldi vanilla caramel creamer, finished up the apple sugar.
#2 Folgers Sumatra drank black to see how it tastes by itself. I'm gonna make it stronger tomorrow.
#3 Folgers Sumatra, Aldi vanilla caramel creamer, finished up the blueberry sugar.

I didn't really care for the fruity sugars. I think I'll just stick to vanilla, cinnamon, maple, honey, espresso sugars. I got some pumpkin powder! Not sure how to use it, maybe mix with regular sugar and put in coffee and on toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.