Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Several years ago, I tried Stevia. I did not care for it. I found it had a weird taste to me. I have tried all the artificial sweeteners and the natural ones. I am finding out that it is either real sugar, maple syrup or nothing.
Just my tastebuds.

Yesterday was tea with almond milk,
Iced Cold Brew with almond milk... no sugar with either.

This morning was tea with almond milk.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I try to avoid artificial sweeteners, and even though stevia is derived from a plant, I still feel sugar, and its calories, is the "heathiest" sweetener.
:yeah: I agree 100%.
When I drank diet-coke a long time ago I asked my doctor about artificial sweeteners and she advised me against them, i.e. use everything in it's natural form, better in moderation. I don't drink soda anymore so it's a moot point but if I wanted to sweeten something up I would just use a tad of sugar or a spice like cinnamon.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Several years ago, I tried Stevia. I did not care for it. I found it had a weird taste to me. I have tried all the artificial sweeteners and the natural ones. I am finding out that it is either real sugar, maple syrup or nothing.
Just my tastebuds.

Yesterday was tea with almond milk,
Iced Cold Brew with almond milk... no sugar with either.

This morning was tea with almond milk.
I'm with you. I can't stand any artificial sweeteners. I'd rather have no sweetener at all than a fake one.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as I try to avoid artificial sweeteners
Stevia is natural. I don't think it's harmful like aspartame.

I had Brazilian coffee
What is that? Sounds interesting.

#1 Great Value Sumatra, Great Value vanilla powdered creamer, vanilla sugar
#2 Apple Cider drink packet made with hot water. It was pretty good. Not fabulous like coffee, but okay.
#3 Great Value Sumatra, Great Value vanilla powdered creamer, apple cinnamon sugar

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: I agree 100%.
When I drank diet-coke a long time ago I asked my doctor about artificial sweeteners and she advised me against them, i.e. use everything in it's natural form, better in moderation. I don't drink soda anymore so it's a moot point but if I wanted to sweeten something up I would just use a tad of sugar or a spice like cinnamon.
I am the same way, I don't trust artificial sweeteners, not to say sugar is all
Stevia is natural. I don't think it's harmful like aspartame.

What is that? Sounds
My sister bought a bag of Peet's Brazilan Roast which is a medium roast coffee. This coffee can also can come in dark roast. It has a bold but sweet (kind of chocolate taste). I went on a date a long time ago at an Brazilian bakery/cafe and had the Brazilian Dark roast all I can say is Wow. So strong I could see through time. 😯🤯🙃Lol
I like it.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to have a Peet's 5 minutes away from the house but unfortunately it went out of business. The closest one to us now is approx. 40 minutes away.
My sister got the coffee from some local supermarket. I also seen their coffee sold on Amazon. I remember Peet's when they had coffee shops. Their coffee was pretty decent. Shame that they closed down.😕

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
There was a Peets coffee shop, on the way home from my dermatologist. It was always a treat for me to stop in there; but they closed...

I still get Peets at the grocery store. They re a good brand..

I think, as far as I read, years ago.. That they were the original Starbucks coffee... Then split to be on their own.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think, as far as I read, years ago.. That they were the original Starbucks coffee... Then split to be on their own.
You're almost right, Peet's originated in 1966 before there even was a Starbucks - this article explains it all.......
The untold truth of Peet's Coffee

Black dark roast coffee this morning and a SB Americano this afternoon. I plan to go to the local roaster I like for fresh coffee beans this weekend.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're almost right, Peet's originated in 1966 before there even was a Starbucks - this article explains it all.......
The untold truth of Peet's Coffee

Black dark roast coffee this morning and a SB Americano this afternoon. I plan to go to the local roaster I like for fresh coffee beans this weekend.
Peet's has better coffee than Starbucks but that's not difficult to do IMO. Peet's Major Dickason's blend is very good if anyone hasn't tried it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking Chocolate
Is that a fancy way of saying hot chocolate or hot cocoa?

Peet's originated in 1966 before there even was a Starbucks - this article explains it all.......
Interesting article! I will have to try Peet's coffee sometime.

#1 Great Value Sumatra, Great Value vanilla powdered creamer, McCormick apple cinnamon sugar
#2 Finished up the last packet of apple cider mixed up in hot water
#3 Great Value Sumatra, finished up the Great Value vanilla powdered creamer, McCormick apple cinnamon sugar

I didn't realize that those apple cider packets were almost 5 years expired! No wonder they were so clumpy. My mom is gonna kill me one of these days with her old food! 😝 They tasted okay though.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: TJ's Keurig Coffee, strong brewed, with almond milk.. with maple flavored Cheerios, blueberries, almond milk.....

Something later in day..

M maggiedemi If I were you, I would not eat anything in your panty, which your mom bought. At least not without reading expiration date before opening... I would not want you to get food poisoning...((hugs))

Status
Not open for further replies.