Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Up very early. I was tossing and turning all night. I also felt warmish. Yesterday was not a good day.
Saturday, I had Italian Wedding Soup, for the first time since January, when Special food diet began.

I am wondering if it was a reaction from the onion, garlic, escarole in the soup? Anyway.. felt breathless, dizzy at times, lightheaded.. I had to use the inhaler, and felt so shakey.. I hate using it.. but it was needed.

So it was a tea with almond milk type of day. Regular tea in the morning, and decaf in late afternoon.

Up early~~ Geoffrey had another hairball, at 2:50am... ugh..
Of course, I stepped in in!!!

This morning: regular tea with almond milk, oatmeal, a slice of Italian Scali Bread with my butter. I cannot have anything by mouth for 3 hours before exams. That means I have to be done by 6:30; test at 9:30am. I ended up eating breakfast at 5;20am.

Have a couple of medical tests this morning: stress/echo, and long term (2 wk) cardiac monitor.
On the way home, I am definitely picking up a Starbucks.. not certain as to what.... Perhaps a cafe mocha with almond milk...

Since they have been messing up with the food delivery; I am thinking of ordering a really good cheeseburger with fries, for pick up....

I have no engird to deal with the kitchen staff in here.. not today---tomorrow will be another day.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a pumpkin cream cold brew, first of the season! Yum. The drive-through at Starbucks was insane, even though it was 5 pm on a Saturday. Because it was so late, I only drank half of it and had the other half with breakfast on Sunday.

I need to ask if they have any hot drinks that are like the cream cold brews. I don't enjoy any of their hot drinks as much, but I also don't want to have an iced drink when it's below zero outside!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Have a couple of medical tests this morning: stress/echo, and long term (2 wk) cardiac monitor. On the way home, I am definitely picking up a Starbucks.. not certain as to what.... Perhaps a cafe mocha with almond milk.
Hope you're feeling a little better than yesterday and the medical tests go well today. :crossfingers: A treat from SB sounds like a good idea and you definitely deserve it so splurge!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a warmed blueberry scone!
I think baked goods taste better warmed up. 👍

I thought I hated chocolate, but I discovered that I like it mixed with vanilla. So this opens up new drink possibilities for me. I'll see what I can come up with.

Today was 3 Starbucks Italian Roast mixed with cow milk and powdered sugar. This type of sugar tastes a little odd in coffee. It might be better on toast.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever tried Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee? A friend who I describe as a "coffee conniseaur" made a few cups for me once. OMG!!! Completely out of this world. :runaround:My sister got the cheap kind they sell to tourists when she visited Jamaica and it was not the same by a longshot. I found out how expensive a pound of this stuff is and decided that one day if I had money to be carefree with--I would buy a pound of the stuff. I hope I am not disappointed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee a long time ago. I had forgotten all about it until you brought it up. Yes, it is expensive and, yes, it is very tasty. ☕ I go to a local roaster for my beans now and I'm very pleased with their dark, dark roast.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever tried Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee?
I always wanted to try it, but it's so expensive.

You just may become a chocoholic yet.
I'm thinking a little bit of chocolate might be the secret ingredient in Sunoco's vanilla cappuccino that I love. Because the mix of chocolate and vanilla tastes similar to that flavor. I will play around with my drinks and figure it out.

Today I finished up the Starbucks Italian Roast, 3 mugs with various sugars and milks added. Tomorrow I open the Sumatra. Yay!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wanted to try it, but it's so expensive.

I'm thinking a little bit of chocolate might be the secret ingredient in Sunoco's vanilla cappuccino that I love. Because the mix of chocolate and vanilla tastes similar to that flavor. I will play around with my drinks and figure it out.

Today I finished up the Starbucks Italian Roast, 3 mugs with various sugars and milks added. Tomorrow I open the Sumatra. Yay!
Your not kidding J.B.M coffee is really expensive. If I do end up buying it one day, I so hope I am not disappointed. I would be totally bummed.😟 I love Sumatra coffee. I use to buy a bags of Starbuck's Sumatra. It was delish!☕😊 I so miss it!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have bought three more boxes of the pumpkin spice hot cocoa at Jewel yesterday. I mean, the sale was 3/$5
That's an awesome deal! The Target brand pumpkin spice hot cocoa is $5 for one box! I still might get it though. I couldn't find the swiss miss one. I did see their candy cane flavored one!

Aldi Sumatra coffee today, 2 drank black, 1 with Aldi vanilla almond milk and 3tsp regular granulated white sugar.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aldi Sumatra coffee today, 3 cups, made strong because nobody will drink the coffee I make. I'm glad! I made it strong enough to wake the neighbors. :thumbsup:

Added the Turbinado sugar I got today in the mail, along with some Aldi Almond milk. It was really good. Also got Molasses sugar, but haven't tried it yet.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aldi Sumatra coffee, 3 cups. First cup I added 2% cow milk and molasses sugar. The molasses sugar isn't very sweet! That surprised me, cause it's so dark. 🤔 I'll try it on buttered english muffin tomorrow.

Other 2 cups were with regular white granulated sugar and 2% cow milk.

One pot lasted me 2 days drinking by myself! I'm using less because I'm adding milk and sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.