Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually prefer the taste of Dunkin coffee to Starbucks overall, but I'm not very refined.

I always like to try a nice independent place as well. Maybe when I don't have to watch my caffeine limits again, I'll see more what's around my new place.
Starbucks is a much stronger coffee. It does take some getting used to.

I got spoiled because I would make my own morning coffee, in a pot... When I tried Dunkin, I was disappointed. To me, it tasted like dishwater~~ but that is only because I was using strong coffee at home. Sorry~~ no offense-- just my own taste...

Many, many people prefer Dunkin; especially compared to Starbucks, which is so, so expensive.

I wish there was a coffee lounge, near me. Just to go, get a nice cup of coffee or tea. After Covid, to perhaps hang out, for an hour or so... Now, is not the correct time....

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As chain coffee shops go I never go to Dunkin anymore, their coffee drinks are very disappointing
I do not care for Dunk coffee
Glad I'm not the only one! When my family were vacationing in Florida, we'd go to Dunkin every morning for breakfast. I found their coffee and donuts to be barely mediocre. I've had better at Casey's (gas station). Their breakfast sandwiches were pretty good though. And America Runs on Dunkin. . .I don't understand why they're so popular.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sunoco has the best cappuccino, and it's really cheap, like $1 something.

Have any of you guys ever tried Coffee with Chicory in it? I'm curious about it. It says to use half the amount you would normally use, so there wouldn't be much caffeine in it.

View attachment 351648
I have a can of Cafe Du Monde's coffee with chicory. I bought it from Amazon. I first saw it when we stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter at Disney when we went for the food & wine festival in November. They wanted $14 for a can. I got it from Amazon for half that. It's OK. I wouldn't get it again though. It is a dark roast and the chicory is supposed to be good for your digestion but I don't particularly care for it on its own. I mix it with something else just to get rid of it. This is it here. Cafe Du Monde Coffee Chicory, 15 Ounce Ground: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Starbucks is a much stronger coffee. It does take some getting used to.

I got spoiled because I would make my own morning coffee, in a pot... When I tried Dunkin, I was disappointed. To me, it tasted like dishwater~~ but that is only because I was using strong coffee at home. Sorry~~ no offense-- just my own taste...

Many, many people prefer Dunkin; especially compared to Starbucks, which is so, so expensive.

I wish there was a coffee lounge, near me. Just to go, get a nice cup of coffee or tea. After Covid, to perhaps hang out, for an hour or so... Now, is not the correct time....
I prefer Dunkin to SB because I get the Dunkin dark roast which is way better than the original blend. SB overroasts their beans. Wawa has better coffee than both of them. I mix the Cuban with the Columbian. So good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's OK. I wouldn't get it again though.
I probably won't get the chicory then. Everybody I asked said it's not very good, even my friend who lives in New Orleans.

Wawa has better coffee than both of them. I mix the Cuban
What does Cuban coffee taste like? That sounds interesting.

Morning: Aldi french roast with 3TB Folgers vanilla cappuccino and a pinch of cinnamon
After my walk: Aldi french roast drank black
After dinner: Aldi french roast drank black

I don't really like french roast. I tried 2 different brands. It's boring! 🙁

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You coffee drinkers will like this:
I would love to win that Keurig machine! We live so far away, I doubt I will make it to town for a free coffee, but I'll definitely be drinking some here.

Morning: Aldi French Roast with 3TB Hills Bros Classic cappuccino and a pinch of cinnamon

After walk: Aldi French Roast drank black

Evening will be: Aldi French roast drank black

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Had tea with almond milk this moning.

This afternoon, it was so warm outside; nothing hot. I ended up with a Venti (large) green tea lemonade, unsweetened, from Starbucks.
So good. Might as well stay with the summer drinks, until the chillier weather comes in...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Decided to use this "magic" mug for today's Suisse Mocha.
Fancy! It changes color when it's hot? Cool.

Morning: Aldi french roast with 3TB Folgers vanilla cappuccino. I made it stronger today and it was better. 1/2 cup of coffee grounds.

Afternoon: Aldi french roast drank black

Evening will be: Aldi french roast, probably will add some cappuccino to it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Boring...
Tea, with almond milk....
Large iced green tea lemonade, in the afternoon.. It was a bad day, so I really needed a treat. I needed just to get 'out' of the house...
Now that I have a parking spot in the lot; it makes life so much easier, in these complicated days of Covid...

Either another Starbucks green tea today, or a cheeseburger with fries.... I have been craving one... or steak tips... not sure.. I may chicken out and just get the tea...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't. In fact, I've never even made hot cocoa with milk. For some reason, warming milk doesn't appeal to me.
I fill the mug almost full with milk, leave a little room at the top. Microwave 2 minutes. Then I put 2 or 3 TB cappuccino powder in and stir. Then microwave 30 seconds and stir again. Yummy.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday was my regular tea with almond milk, for breakfast

Mid day: An iced pumpkin spice late, from Starbucks, made with almond milk... so good.

This morning, back to boring: tea with almond milk.

It will be a boring caffeine day.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you guys know that soda has 44 grams of sugar??!! That's the end of me drinking root beer. I can drink at least 3 cappuccinos to equal that amount of sugar. I prefer coffee anyway.

Stay tuned, I ordered some dark roasts! Gevalia French Roast and Cafe Bustelo Espresso Roast!

Never tried either brand, I'm so excited.
~ For a root beer fix I have diet. Way too much sugar in regular ! :drinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.